How HOT is it where YOU live?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazy4cats28

It was 109 here in Sacramento, CA yersterday and the humidity made it even more unbearable. It's supposed to be even worse today
. All I have to say is thank god for air conditioning!!!!
MY AC does not go equally into all rooms so I have to close a vent to make sure it comes into whatever room my cats are in. Then when they move or it gets too cold in that room I close that vent and open another!

Right now it is 83 INSIDE with FANS & AC going and 111.4 OUTSIDE at 3:08pm!

It is going to be in the triple digets all through summer according to the forcasts!

crazy4cats28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyBabies

MY AC does not go equally into all rooms so I have to close a vent to make sure it comes into whatever room my cats are in. Then when they move or it gets too cold in that room I close that vent and open another!

Right now it is 83 INSIDE with FANS & AC going and 111.4 OUTSIDE at 3:08pm!

It is going to be in the triple digets all through summer according to the forcasts!
Right now I live with my Grandparents to help them out. They get cold really easy so their house is always hot (atleast in my opinion). Luckily I'm staying in a separate building with it's own A/C unit so I'm able to keep my room pretty cool for me and my cats. I just looked at the thermometer outside and it says it's 110 and that is in the shade in the coolest part of the yard so I would hate to see what it's like in the sun!!!!

I feel soory for my feral cats. I've tried to bring them in but they freak out. There are some cool spots in the yard and I'm changing there water frequently to make sure it stays cool.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazy4cats28

Right now I live with my Grandparents to help them out. They get cold really easy so their house is always hot (atleast in my opinion). Luckily I'm staying in a separate building with it's own A/C unit so I'm able to keep my room pretty cool for me and my cats. I just looked at the thermometer outside and it says it's 110 and that is in the shade in the coolest part of the yard so I would hate to see what it's like in the sun!!!!

I feel soory for my feral cats. I've tried to bring them in but they freak out. There are some cool spots in the yard and I'm changing there water frequently to make sure it stays cool.
Well WE here in Modesto Ca got 112.1 at 4pm! THAT is in the shade! I found out my Brother in the SF Bay Area had it 111 yesterday! THey NEVER get above 90!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From what our thermometer says it's over 100 degrees right now and there's a guy on a ladder cleaning and fixing our gutters!
He said he'd do both our houses (ones a rental) for $35.00. But I wrote up a contract
stating that he do it for $40.00 and we are giving him a $10.00 tip just for fixing them since that wasn't part of the deal. I got off REALLY cheap because they needed cleaning badly. What I didn't know was they needed fixing too. If I had more money I'd be giving him more, but we are so broke so we scraped together the money we ARE giving him.
I asked him why he's cleaning them in this heat and he said he has kids and has to earn money somehow, that provoked me to give him more money also. I just wish I had more to give him. I'm to broke this month though. One good turn deserves another though. I'll give him something more when I get the chance.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We was a pleasant 54 degrees at 6:30 am. Actually had to wear long sleeves in the early morning! I think we didn't reach the 79 degrees predicted-BUT tomorrow is supposed to be 86 and mid 80's rest of week (with chances of rain every day!!!)

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was around 34 C today, which is in the low 90's F. It's too hot for me.
I want to move to Antarctica.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was 112 here again today and humid. Our thermometer read 104 and 11:30 am. The same again for tomarrow.....

Than goodness for the a/c........

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's 11:19pm and upstairs in our townhouse is 33 C (92 F I think...). That's it. I'm sleeping downstairs on the couch. It's so much cooler down there!

And who says global warming isn't happening - sheesh!

crazy4cats28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyBabies

Well WE here in Modesto Ca got 112.1 at 4pm! THAT is in the shade! I found out my Brother in the SF Bay Area had it 111 yesterday! THey NEVER get above 90!
It also got to 112 here today. I seen on the news that Modesto broke a record with the temperature. I hope it cools down!!!!!