How hot is it at your house?

mamakat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its been hanging around 80-85 in my house the last 2 weeks. I didnt put the ACs in this year, so we've been suffering a bit. Upstairs is a little hotter though, maybe 5-7 degrees higher on average.

jellybelly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here its been hitting 101s lately, the rains pass us by completely missing us
but the inside, I usually try to keep it between 76-74, by late afternoon with the sun beaming over the house, I have it in 74 but the AC struggles to get to that level because of the sun beating down us. And it sucks because we don't have a freaking tree in the front yard, there is a conspiracy theory floating around that
We're the only house and a corner block house (sucks you have to keep the grass green and nicely trimmed for the neighbors), has no tree in the front. A beautiful big oak tree in the back which is really really nice and fun to climb on, but we're screwd in the front.

dawna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hot here too. It's been 102+ for the last 2 weeks. It is very dry though (half of washington state is a desert), I grew up here and I can't stand humidity. I'll take my 102 anyday rather than live in a humid place.

Actually, the only time it starts getting humid around here is right before a thunderstorm.

Dawn

fluffy'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
VERY HOT! We are on the top floor of non air constioned apartment. I'll be glad when we move!!

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A swamp cooler works by running water over a pad in front of a fan - the water evaporating helps to cool the air. Only works in dry climates.

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is 93 degrees here! This is Canada, it's supposed to be cool! The heat is almost unbearable! There are no clouds and not much wind at all! I can't wait until Winter...