How Helpful Cats Can be Around the House (continued)...

grooverite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Bugsy gives great massages but unfortunately I haven't been able to take a pic of it because I don't want to interrupt him...... 

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you.   I really appreciate that.  

That is so sad that, that happens. It is so hard to comprehend that people wouldn't be more careful. Especially if they have a tiny one. I guess it just makes people like us just shake our heads. 

My washer & dryer always stay closed, but maybe because I am a neat freak, & they happen to have to be in my kitchen. 
I'm fortunate that I can lock Jasmine out of the laundry room.  I don't worry about her getting in the washer or dryer, as they're generally closed, and when they're not it's because I'm right there using them.  But she does try to "help" with the laundry, which appears to mean walking around on the edge of the open washer, slipping, and almost falling in.  If she ever did, she would immediately tell me about it, loudly, especially when I turned the water on!  (She'd also make it quite plain that it was, somehow, all my fault.)

What I'm really concerned about is that she wants to investigate behind the washer and dryer, and if she ever got in there I don't know how she'd get out.  The few times clothing has fallen back there I've had to climb up on the machines, bump my head on the overhead cabinets, and use one of those distance gripper things to grab the clothes.  There's only about a centimeter in between the machines, no room for a cat to just walk out, and the leap straight up would be awkward at best.

Margret

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what doors are for! I'm very glad we have a door on our laundry room, too.  I've never had a cat jump up on the machines, but it's great to shut the door when I'm sorting laundry and loading the machines, so I don't ever have to worry about stepping on someone coming up behind me. 

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am pretty sure I have a very similar photo of myself at my baptism ceremony.. Christian Orthodox baptise their babies by "submerging" them naked in holy water.. So, when the priest raised me out of the water.. CLICK! 
He is checking the printer to see if it works. If it does, he makes sure to break it.. 

He also makes sure we steer clear of OCD. Straight rugs? That's a No-No.

He lights up our life.. And our hallway.. to the bathroom..

Makes sure that my mother has well cleaned white socks for her job. (She's not a Michael Jackson impersonator - she just works at a hospital)

He prunes our plants

He prays for us to the good Lord to keep us safe..

He tries not to distract us and blends in, perfectly.. 

His suitcase packing skills have left me in awe..

He has harnessed the Force.. I mean.. How many cats can do that???

Overall, he's looking out for us.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I particularly like Grizzly's table alteration skills @GrizzlySapien  , he looks very industrious and full of concentration in that picture.  

The plant pruning and sock cleaning are pretty smart too.  
   I'm sure Grizzly knows how wonderfully he lights up your life, and hope he knows how he contributes to lighting up so many others too.  

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the two posts, my computer hates me.
No, it doesn't.  Computers aren't smart enough to hate anyone.  They try really hard to make you think they're smart, but they're just faking it.  Trust me.  I used to be a computer professional.  "True artificial intelligence" has been 5 years in the future for the last 30 years or so.  It's still at least that far off, though we have made progress.  I've heard reports of self-driving cars that swear at human drivers...

Margret

msFriday

Smokey at 7 months and Indy at 5 years
Young Cat
Purraise
Indy has only lived with my husband and me for about 3 months now, but boy has he been busy.  Besides being Head of the Household, he has taken on many of my (former) duties:

On the second day he lived here, he decided to clean (himself) in my shower:

Afterwards, he rolled up the bath mat for me...

Later, he dusted the top of the medicine cabinet with his back (funny sideline -- to get down from there, he usually will cry for me and wait for me to come in the bathroom and bend over at the waist; then he jumps onto my back, and then to the floor!):

Then he helped his Dad build a cat-deck just for him:

And, of course, acted as Chief Building Inspector:

Besides inspecting buildings and additions, he is also a licensed Trash Inspector (you can almost see him here, diving head first into his job - that's his butt sticking up near the curtain):

After his duties as Trash Inspector are done, he often helps me pay the bills (by the way, he is a Pen Wrangler, too):

Once the bills are paid, he has to supervise the printing of the receipts for all the cat stuff I've bought that day:

Soon the holidays arrived!  Although we were too chicken
And the decorating:

View media item 406847
And, lastly, the un-decorating:

I don't know how I ever got by without him