How hard is it for somebody to buy gifts for you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I take my sister out to dinner every year for her birthday. She chooses the restaurant and it's always Chinese. Chinese is something her husband absolutely refuses to eat, so the only time she has it is when she and I go.

I think I'm going to go with just the gift basket idea. I know what they like and I know that some snacks, a couple bottles of wine, and a wheel of baby Swiss (from our cheesemaker down the road) should work OK. I'll go into town and grab some chocolates from our candy store....they make their own chocolates and they are so good. I have some cracker recipes that I want to try and, if they're any good, I may tuck a small container of them in the basket. There's an Amish family down the road who makes gorgeous wicker baskets and she has often said she'd like to have one, so I think she could use the basket after the holidays, too. (And if she can't use the basket, I'm sure the kitties could nap in the thing! 
 )

That should work, shouldn't it? I'd be happy to get something like that, but I know you're not supposed to base gifts on what you want.

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I take my sister out to dinner every year for her birthday. She chooses the restaurant and it's always Chinese. Chinese is something her husband absolutely refuses to eat, so the only time she has it is when she and I go.

I think I'm going to go with just the gift basket idea. I know what they like and I know that some snacks, a couple bottles of wine, and a wheel of baby Swiss (from our cheesemaker down the road) should work OK. I'll go into town and grab some chocolates from our candy store....they make their own chocolates and they are so good. I have some cracker recipes that I want to try and, if they're any good, I may tuck a small container of them in the basket. There's an Amish family down the road who makes gorgeous wicker baskets and she has often said she'd like to have one, so I think she could use the basket after the holidays, too. (And if she can't use the basket, I'm sure the kitties could nap in the thing! :lol3:  )

That should work, shouldn't it? I'd be happy to get something like that, but I know you're not supposed to base gifts on what you want.
The gift basket sounds wonderful. They will love it. It is a gift that most anyone would like. I say, "Go for it."

I don't know if I am hard to buy for. I know I would be in the are of clothes. I can't even buy them for myself. My husband usually gives me a card with money in it. I have dollars I have never spent because I can't find clothes to fit me and things I like. I have told him this years, I don't want money. I want presents. Good luck, hubby. I feel sorry for you.
I always send our daughter a list with things she can order online for the two of us. She does well with that. Our son gives us gift cards of some kind. They are never wrong. We have a lot of folks at church who give us gift cards too. They are wonderful. We don't need stuff to hang on the wall or dust, and I have passed that word around. :nod: