How fast can you type?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rats!..
It doesn´t work for me...
.....is not the link Cindy is my PC the window ask me for a file that my CO erase to not start this kind of test!!!..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yah,
, you've got to have Java installed and enabled for it. Didn't think of that. Sorry, Rigel.

Cindy

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A girl I used to work with many years ago could type over 100wpm. It was just a constant rumble of sound when she went to town on her keyboard. I don't think even at my best I could anywhere approach that speed.

Cindy

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine was 87 WPM with 97% accuracy..

Not surprising since I do a lot of typing at work, on phone, etc... Think I can do faster though!

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I returned to the work force after the birth of my daughter 8 yrs ago, I was 110 wpm with no errors. Eight years later, I am sure I'm a tad faster! People usually go into shock when they see me typing!

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow... i need to practice too! in high school i was much faster

68wpm

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People are always asking me "how fast do you type???" I guess it comes naturally, so it doesn't really stand out to me. Last time I checked, it was 98 wpm with a 3 % error rate. Gee...do you think it has something to do with all the chatting???

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really wanna try this, but I guess it'll have to wait until I unpack the other computer (it has Java, this one doesn't).

I despise typing tests - the highest I've EVER tested was 57 wpm, when I was working full-time as data entry/reception. But i know I type faster when I'm chatting or posting here, because I'm not trying to read the canned script for the test. If I'm thinking as I type I can generally move faster than if I try to read and transmit that reading to my fingertips. I might make more errors, but that's generally because I'm revising my thoughts as I type

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Way to go guys
! Yeah, I never thought I was really particularly fast (and it looks like in this crowd I'm only moderately fast LOL,) but I get the "How fast do you type?!??" deal too if anyone's over while I'm typing out something.

I no longer type for a living, though, haven't for over 7 years now (I was a data entry clerk.) Makes me think that I might could get up to about 100wpm if I was back at it, but that would be ill-advised as I was very close to carpal tunnel syndrome when I quit; I was starting to have some problems with tingling fingers, and it's really only in the last 2-3 years that it's totally gone away.

Cindy

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
50 WPM but I'm still not used to my laptop keyboard, and it's not at a good typing position. I probably type about 60-70 WPM on a regular keyboard with good accuracy.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RoseHawke

I no longer type for a living, though, haven't for over 7 years now (I was a data entry clerk.) Makes me think that I might could get up to about 100wpm if I was back at it, but that would be ill-advised as I was very close to carpal tunnel syndrome when I quit; I was starting to have some problems with tingling fingers, and it's really only in the last 2-3 years that it's totally gone away.
Cindy
Lucky u!! I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome myself - have had 2 surgeries on my right hand to fix it (2nd surgery cuz the stupid doc screwed up). Am trying to avoid a surgery on my left hand.

I get flare ups of CTS once in a while like for the last 4 weeks cuz I have been typing a lot at home (more than usual since I'm taking an online course for 6 weeks and have a lot of projects to do). When I get flare ups of CTS (either PAIN or tingling/numbness), I just wear my braces, put ice on my wrists and grit my teeth..

For those who HAVEN'T gotten CTS but is STARTING TO- PLEASE TAKE IT EASY. It's not FUNNY...

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can type fast but right now I have fake nails on and I cannot type fast without making a lot of mistakes
I need to stop biting my nails and it wouldn't be an issue.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a really difficult time with typing. I hadn't used it since high school. I am aways finding that my hands are on the wrong keys but qpiortyv siywe .cxowery.

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All right, tell me truthfully, how many of you are trying to take this test with a cat on your lap? Right now Narsil has decided my lap is the place to be, but I don't think I'd try testing with him up here
!

I actually taught myself to type out of a my mom's old 20th Century Typewriting book. I used to joke that it was batrely 20th century as I guess she would've been taking it sometime in the '30's and it was a used book
. I was into creative writing at the time and she got tired of hearing me hunt and peck on our old (antique ca. 1925) Remington

Cindy