How far would you go to help cats in need?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh what FABULOUS news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT a sense of relief you must feeling - and WOW - just WOW that this came together so well! I LOVE it when people want to do the right thing for the right reasons regardless of the personal burden - and in the end, other people come through and you find out you're not alone.

Oh, just WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wsxdrfvgy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm really surprised at how well it worked out too. And at the last minute. We were just lucky, or my desperate prayers worked! It is such a huge relief, but I am still very glad we wen't through all of that. I was just so glad we could give those little babies and their moms a future. And put them in the hands of people who care about their futures.
My husband is so pleased about it that he now thinks we should permanently be in the shelter's foster network once our current fosters are gone. Also so he doesn't have to worry about the impending doom of suddenly having a ton of foster cats to tend to on our own.

Thanks again everyone.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AW what a great guy you have there. You two are a great team and much luck with your fostering. It is a wonderful journey....

big buddy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
After reading the first page of this thread, my heart was filled with so much sadness; but what a great ending! I'm glad you took the chance to help out the two mama kitties and their babies!

star2000dancer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh sweetie, do I understand. I've been rescuing animals since I could pick one up & hold it. People put animals in my car, my cellar, my yard, I've had 17 cats & 2 dogs at once in my home.

I've had big problems with shelters & vets. I finally decided to keep this last orange tabby indoors drug & vet free. But, as excellent his health & as sweet as he was he was getting tartar or pigmentation on his gums & under his nose.

He slept with his little face next to my face on my arm. He'd cry, wake up, & jump out of bed. I'd follow him. I could see he was in pain. I started researching gums. Finally I used oral gel. These things moved to the other side of his mouth. They were gum parasites! From an indoor delexe penthouse apt., ww, air, in a wooded area!

No one here ever heard of them. I decide to take him to a vet to get a sample of them & send it to a lab. The vet said there was no such thing, ignored his gums & shot Panacur down his throat. He went into distress & almost died a few hours later.

10 Lives rescued him because I had spent all my money on his medicine, supplies, & vets. I did not have $1000 for a urinary tract blockage. Now they labeled me as "unfit" to own a pet. They refuse to check his gums, hang up on me, & are putting him up for adoption. These things are contagious. I don't know what to do. There are no lawyers for this.

There is no love like an animal's love. Bless you for getting those precious babies away from that beast. I fight everyday, all day, to save this one kitty,since 3/15/2011. I keep getting hung up on, rejected,& dejected. I cried 2 months everyday. I know he's in more danger, and I know how much he needs & wants me.

I lost everyone & everything I had, but kept that kitten & I had his brother. I sent him in to be fixed, but they killed him, 1 yr. old. No more, 7 in a row. I wish I never took Honey to a vet. Blessings, *Star*

PS, before this I was a rescue only from a shelter person. Make sure they're spayed & neutered, checked, & given shots & chipped.