How far long is my pregnant cat?

quinnmcc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there!

Has she had them yet? I see that this post is old. In the X- Ray, it appears that there are about 4 kitties. Is this Chloe's first litter? That could be why the litter is small. The kittens look quite developed, I'd say about 6-7 week old fetuses.

Please update me! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miloandchloe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there!

Has she had them yet? I see that this post is old. In the X- Ray, it appears that there are about 4 kitties. Is this Chloe's first litter? That could be why the litter is small. The kittens look quite developed, I'd say about 6-7 week old fetuses.

Please update me!
She hasn't had them yet..and yes its her first litter..she is waaayyyyy past her due date...called the vet but she said unless she experiences discomfort i shudnt be worried...she seems normal..but she was supposed to deliver by the end of jan acc to two diff vets....wat do i do now?

quinnmcc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She hasn't had them yet..and yes its her first litter..she is waaayyyyy past her due date...called the vet but she said unless she experiences discomfort i shudnt be worried...she seems normal..but she was supposed to deliver by the end of jan acc to two diff vets....wat do i do now?
Hmm, thats quite strange...Are you 100% certain when her exact conception date(s) was? Perhaps she conceived some time after the time you are thinking. Gently press and feel her tummy for movement, watch her belly for rolls and twitches also. If you don't feel anything at this point, I'd take her into the Vet again to get an emergency ultrasound and x-rays.

Good luck, I hope she has them soon!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Cats manage a little too long pregnancies better than humans, while the kittens premature deliveries much worse than humans.  So as long is the vet correct.

But three weeks over due isnt normal.  As said above, recount and if necessary, recheck.

65 days were in end of january?   Was she near a tom  later on too?  3 or 4 weeks later?

If so, we do have two possibilities:   She didnt get pregnant when you though, but did got pregnant later on.   (that is, if she IS high preg at this moment, I havent read your whole thread/dont remember)

2.  She aborter or absorbed the first litter, but continues with the second litter.

They CAN have two different litters simultaneously, and with a little luck, deliver both of them, 3-4 weeks apart.  Rare but not unique.

You tell there didnt become anything of your first litter...  Waiting on your second...

Im not saying it is so, but it is a possibility - you must recount and revise everything yourself.

Good luck!

miloandchloe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
On 17th dec vet told us that she was 20 days pregnant...she had access to tom till 20th dec ( he was neutered on 20th dec)...went to the vet on 8th Jan and he said she was due in 15 days or so....and the xray posted b4 was taken on 8th....I have felt movement although it is not very evident, only when i keep my hand on her belly for long time i cud feel some movements....also she's been showing heat like symptoms again yesterday and today.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

On 17th dec vet told us that she was 20 days pregnant...she had access to tom till 20th dec ( he was neutered on 20th dec)...went to the vet on 8th Jan and he said she was due in 15 days or so....and the xray posted b4 was taken on 8th....I have felt movement although it is not very evident, only when i keep my hand on her belly for long time i cud feel some movements....also she's been showing heat like symptoms again yesterday and today.
For the record. Males are fertile at least one week after neutering, possibly even several weeks after...  I know sure examples of  conceiving several days after neutering.

That said,  yes, it seems odd.   The vet after double controls though on end of january. 

My guess at this moment is something happened with her first litter, (absorbed or spontan aborted without you noticing), and here is the second litter coming.   Having access to a fertle tom, she had more then enough time to be conceived again - especielly if you though it was safe for them to be near.   Counting on fingers, its about now its time for your ChristMast babies.    :)

When you felt the kittens move, WHEN did you do it?  Late january or recently?

They can sometimes have heat alike behavior shortly before delivery.   Its possibly the pressure squeezing the hormone producing organs, I dunno, but many forumites reports it.

They tells even toms nearby try to mate them, so its not just what it seems...

miloandchloe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I felt the babies recently....what are the signs that she is going into labour?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

I felt the babies recently....what are the signs that she is going into labour?
Licking intensively at her private parts. Panting. When you feel on her tummy, you notice it gets hard now and then.   Often you can even see the contractions.   If you notice she is in active labor a longer time, contact the vet: labor in cat is usually shorter than with humans.  And esp labor for next kitten is shorter than for first kitten...   some discharges are common, sometimes red colored.

The mucus plug has gone - it most often goes shortly before the delivery, but may go several days tooo.

They can have some precontractions too, but they are less intense.

I had now reread your thread from beginning.  Yeah, it was here I got a blackout and miscounted the pregnancy...   :)     Funny I talked quite a lot about there happens double litters.

Which was the case in the end....       You will perhaps need to consult your vet again, to look see what happened with the first litter.  If they got aborted without problems, its  will not leave consequnces.   If they were absorbed, likewise.  But if the foetuses died and got calcifiered, it may be recommendable to get them out, for example when she is spayed.

The x-ray showed the first  litter, as they get real skeleton clearly visible about day 45.   And something happened with this litter. It was no mistake you didnt really felt them.  Either they moved very weakly, or not at all.

Good you feel them now.

Lets hope it will get better this time.

Good luck!