How far along?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

famous

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My daughter made the kittens an airplane to play in. Here's Moonstar flying the airplane alone:

famous

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Moonstar flying the plane with Oatmeal and Pumpkin for passengers. Little Ginger didn't fit in the plane lol:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Very sweet! Are they eating soft food and dry kitten chow yet? Are they training in the litter pan? [emoji]128522[/emoji]

famous

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pumpkin and Ginger eat the dry kitten chow. I've tried wetting it down but then nobody eats it lol. As for wet food, Ginger and Moonstar both eat it sometimes but not always so I'm assuming they like some flavors and not others.

As for the litter box...everyone is using it successfully except for Oatmeal. And we know it's him because he runs behind the bed to pee and then we see his little wet paw prints on the bed sheet when he's done. Not sure how to get him to use the box. He seems a bit immature as he's not eating solid food yet either...he last holdout. Banzz isn't eating solid food either but then he's a true mama's boy too. He's very content all the time and sleeps well at the bottom of the pile. When he cries, mom always comes running like he's her favorite or something. He's the grey stripey one that looks like his mama.

On the social side...they all run and play and have lots of fun with the toys. Ginger, Moonstar and Banzz love to come climb on us and cuddle. Pumpkin is the runt and keeps away from us still and Oatmeal just plays like a fool. Oddly Oatmeal was one of the biggest born, but he's the most immature in terms of social growth, so there's no accounting for birth size lol.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's normal for the kittens to develop and wean at different paces. I had one who took much longer to use the litter box, but would use a doggie pee pad on the floor next to it. I kept putting her in after meals, and she finally caught on. My mama kitty had 2 favorite kittens out of four. It was obvious they were her favorites. I kept all four and mom though! They will be 2 next month. My Pumpkin is in my avatar with his mom! [emoji]128571[/emoji]

famous

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the advice about the puppy pads. I put them down around the litter box and Oatmeal issued the box by about 6 inches with his poop so he's getting better. He also peed in the bed today...sigh. The good news is that tonight everyone ate the wet food except for Banzz and afterwards Oatmeal used the litter box by himself. He seemed to be straining a bit but then the other kittens were trying to pounce on him while he was in there. We ended up distracting the others so he could do his business. Seems like it was only urine though.

Banzz is not taking solid food on his own. Momma cat has started taking lumps of the wet cat food and putting them down on the floor next to her for him to eat. He eats them and then tries to breastfeed while mom is eating lol.

Momma cat is still nursing everyone but not nearly as often and they are so big now it's hard for all 5 to feed at the same time. Should I be supplementing with kitten milk or will that make mom's milk supply go down? The kittens haven't had to be supplemented yet. I guess I'm just worried since they don't seem to be drinking water at all and I don't want anyone getting dehydrated.

And great minds think alike about kitten names lol! It's fantastic that your babies are turning 2 and doing well. We love little mom and her kittens so much. It's going to be hard to send the babies to their forever homes.

My plan is to have all the girls spayed first. So momma cat, Ginger and Moonstar. Then the 3 boys can be fixed after that. I don't know if I could handle having 6 cats having surgery at once lol.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can always offer a dish of kitten formula. They will nurse mom as long as she will let them though. My mama cat nursed for about 16 weeks, even after being spayed. I took my kittens in two at a time to be fixed.