How far along

charla

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sounds like she mite be pretty close to having them soon. I'm new today also but have read so much online my cat is 4 weeks preg.
Hey jen,
Shes had them already started labour wednesday night, we were just concerned as she was still heavy breathing by the next afternoon so took her to the vet as was worried she still had a baby or left a placenta inside her but she is all ok now and back to normal this normal...
Good luck on your kittens its well worth reading up and asking advice from people on here they are helpful.
But as i found out everything you read about cats and labour/pregnancy is not always text book.
The little ones come when they are ready [emoji]9786[/emoji] xx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rollinsashley

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
UPDATE: she is having them now. So far we have 5. Not sure if she is done I just woke up and checked on her and they was here. Inwill post pics when she is done and everything is cleaned up.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow! Congratulations! [emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128149[/emoji]

rollinsashley

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanx everyone. Mama did really well!! She is resting and babies are eating. She got up and ate and got some water I put it right by her so she dont have far to go so she can rest! [emoji]10084[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, definitely keep constant food and water nearby for her. A litter box in the same room helps too.

Are you able to keep her inside and away from intact males until she can be spayed? Moms can get pregnant again within a week of delivery, even without going into heat.

rollinsashley

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes she is in the closet in out spare room. She has litterbox right outside the closet and her food and water inside the closet. She will not be going outside until she is spayed! ;) I dnt have the litter box inside the closet cause I dnt want it close to where she eats and keeps the babies. :)