How far along is my cat?

Mama2MamaCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is pregnant, but I don't know when she mated. How can I tell how far along she is?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are 63-70 days from mating, so it is really hard to determine the date without knowing that. How big is she? Can you get a side picture of her, and a picture down at her while standing over her and download it? You will most likely have to watch for tell-tell signs as she gets closer,suddenly 'dropping' looking smaller from up above. this means the kittens are lined up in the birth canal waiting to be born. They will stop moving so much too. She can start having a discharge, that will be her mucous plug, and can still be a week until birthing. Around 3 weeks, the nipples start swelling, they usually 'show' about half way through. First litters are usually small, around 3-4 kittens. As long as she is eating/drinking/using the litter box, and not pacing, meowing, and acting distressed, everything is normal.
REMEMBER, cats can get pregnant again as soon as a week after giving birth, so don't let her out or around males, this could be an endless cycle for her. Please do her a favor and get her spayed as soon as the kittens are weaned. You can sure keep in touch here if you need help!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can usually see and feel kitten movement about 2-3 weeks before the end of pregnancy. Do you recall when/if you’ve seen movement in her sides?