How far along is my cat ??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks icoele I know they will all be beautiful , like their momma but it's curiousity I suppose lol I'm pretty sure she's having at least three cause I felt kicks either side of her belly and underneath the other day it's just a waiting game now :)

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kicks lol they were more like rolls lol

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I just noticed Molly is leaking a tiny amount of clear fluid it's pretty tiny at this stage hope it's the real deal

eave

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What color is the discharge and how far along is she? Has she vocalized, Is she restless? Has she started licking herself?

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's clear she is a bit restless won't let me leave the room when I went to stand up she promptly lay herself back on my lap so I couldn't not licking herself yet ..'m not sure how far along she is as she got out s couple of months back and showed back up about a week later ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Clear discharge is a positive sign of impending labor in the next 2-3 days most likely.

Let us know how she's doing.

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nothing today unusual still eating like crazy and no longer leaking fluid :/ I feel like I'm going crazy lol

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Still nothing ....but I was having a good look at her teats and she has 7 lol I've never ever in my whole life of having cats known a cat to have 7 teats hahaha also her hair isn't falling away from them she is fairly long haired so should I trim it ??

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Most cats have eight nipples, so your cat is not unusual. The bottom ones end up being used the most by kittens. You can trim some fur away if you'd like. It will be easier for her babies to nurse. Just be careful with the scissors.

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

she's restless and purring but then she let out heaps of short purrs every now and then she won't keep still and every time I pat her belly she immediently rolls onto her back which she's never done before ....

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she's in labor, but it could be hours or a even a day if it's stage one. Just keep an eye on her. If she's having contractions she may be purring to comfort herself through the pain.

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dunno but at times she's being really aggressive and biting my arm and holding it there ....

sparkymema

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When our calico mated with an f3 Bengal they had almost every color under the sun. one was orange and white, one was grayish with tabby markings, two looked like the one in my pic, one was completely orange, and the other one looked most Bengal. Just giving you an idea of the awesomeness of kittens calico's like yours can have. 

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm super excited ....I don't have much patience feels like I've been waiting forever lol

sparkymema

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Going shopping for kitties might make the wait a bit better. 

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Haha I'm broke so that's going to have to wait ....plus princess Molly is eating me out of house and home at the moment three wet pouches of kitten food a day plus dry kitten food plus everything else she needs is adding up ....not that I mind :)

sparkymema

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think from 4-5 weeks until recently at 11 weeks my kittens ate well over 100 cans of wet food and a whole bag of dry. I would just buy a few cans of kitten milk when you get the funds just in case some of them don't nurse. You can use a spoon or a dropper for feeding. We ended up keeping two of them, the one in the photo and the runt of the litter which is white and orange. now we are a 5 cat household with 3 dogs lol.

'

'

Last edited:

chaoticmum86

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have Molly and my dog tank....Molly does not like tank lol so I've been rarely bringing him inside even though she is locked away in a different room I don't want her to stress and tank being the clumsy puppy he is (5 months Old) could end in tears for him lol

bemba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok sooo I'm a bit of a genetics nerd LOL so if dad was just tabby with no white you'll get girls like mom (Calico) also torbie (tabby tortoise shell) girls, Ginger boys, tabby girls and boys and roughly half of them will get moms white markings (piebald) Of course if mom and dad are carrying other hidden genes you could get other surprises too :)