How far along is my cat?

phets

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was hoping someone could help me figure out how far along my cat is into her pregnancy. She has an xray about 10 days ago and skeletons were visible, shes having 4-6 kittens. Vet isnt sure how far along she is. Last time she was on heat was about 60-65 days ago. I dont think she has started producing milk yet but has been nesting in the middle of the night.

How will I know shes in labour?

She is getting spayed as soon as the kittens are weened and we have found a few loving homes already!

These photos were taken today:

bobbiandcharlie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful. Honestly all cat are different, and I have learned this the hard way. I have been waitin over 3 weeks for Molly to give birth. I swear she had all the signs, her temp went up and down, she has been producing small amounts of milk for a week, stomach dropped. Nesting. Today I saw her mucus plug coming out, and my very loving affectionate cat bit me twice. So she will have them when she is good and ready. As long as she is not distressed and is eating and drinking ok, it's just the horrible waitin game. I'm praying Molly will have her kittens today, but at this point I'm not getting my hopes up. Good luck and keep us updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phets

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks guys! I am so over waiting, they probably started moving around 2 weeks ago now. I am very worried though because she keeps squishing under my bed which is only 5-6cm high - will these hurt the babies? I am currently blocking it off now so she can no longer do it! I am just very worried she has harmed her babies :(

phets

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has milk now! Does that normally mean within 24 hours? :)

bobbiandcharlie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Infortuantly not always, Molly has had milk for a week and is just today showing her real pre-labor signs.

phets

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I  was getting excited! Would love to see photos when yours are born! Nebaska is nesting and seems restless but is still eating heaps! 

Last edited by a moderator:

bobbiandcharlie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Molly had 5 beautiful kittens. It went very fast. She began acting restless and meowing and wanted me I pet her and a few hours later her water broke, then she had her first kitten at 9pm. The next 15 min later. The last three were a little under an hour apart each. She did everything exactly right and is being a great mom. I'm on an iPhone so I don't know how to post a pic.

bobbiandcharlie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You cat actually looks a lot like mine. I was so nervous an was sure Molly was way past her due date, but when they are ready they will have them. Very hard lesson to accept, lol. It's so exciting.

phets

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aw, congrats! Thats so exciting! I keep thinking she's going into labour but she's not. Did Molly stop eating? Were the babies still moving inside her before she went into labour? Would love to see pics when you get a chance :)

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats Nebraska!  Looks like quite a rainbow litter.    Some torbies like their mama ( but brown torbies instead of blue torbie )  , a red tabby,  and do I see some solid blacks? 

Hmmm....think Dad was probably solid black or a brown tabby carrying non-agouti (solid)   and the red tabby is probably a male.  One of those lovely red boys. 

Last edited:

catman8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
awesome way to on your kittens. now make to keep them warm and that they stay inside and away from opened windows, doors, ext.... Also make sure the mother cat is nurseing them. The next 42 -hours is the most empointant for kitten development. Also it os wise if thinking about giving them up to not do such for 12 weeks so each kitten can fully learn the social skill form its mother. your going to be a great for the mother and kittens.but easy step by step way to dp this is to do a web sreach for breeders/cat houses dealing with new borns. often times they will also list whato do too.
My 3 kittens were born march 5th. So if you ever need advice I am here. one other thing check with your vet but mine told me in a few days put the kittens on wet food while also letting them kitten on mom. I think the time frame is 3 weeks on wet food before dry food. If you are going to use Fancy Feast wet food look for the stuff that say classic on the can. I had that problem before cuz It did not say kitten food and I haf to stand their In the supermarket and call Fancy Feast's 1-800 number to find out. Your going to be awesome for kitten and mother i just know I just know It. sorry for typos

catman8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
one other thing keep the room where the kittend are dim. bright light I read can hurt the dolvopment of their eyes. that what I did with mine dim light.