How early is too early to have a drink in the morning (weekends)??

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I forgot about Bloody Mary's. DH and I will usually have one every Sunday morning about 10. Also, in the case of late morning Razorback football games, its okay to start drinking as soon as you arrive at the tailgate, around 6:30 am!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bloody Marys or a Mimosa in the am, maybe a red beer in late am, go all out after lunch time.

I had a wild hair back in 95 and spent an entire weekend with a double rum and coke in my hands.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, it is HOT now, about 100!! and I am ready for a cold drink. Anyone?

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huuuumm....a hot, sticky, lazy weekend. For people with normal schedules, any time between about 5:30 Friday afternoon to about midnight Sunday.

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Its 94 here and I am definitely ready for a cold one. Unfortunatley, only 1 week 2 days into quitting smoking, DH and I are avoiding alcohol (one of our "triggers") altogether. Depending on how strong we think we are at the weekend, we *might* dare to buy a bottle of wine.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What in the world is a mimosa. I'm a drinker. I drink often. And well umm..I've honestly never heard of it. Is it good? Is it girly?

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilleah

What in the world is a mimosa. I'm a drinker. I drink often. And well umm..I've honestly never heard of it. Is it good? Is it girly?
Champagne and orange juice. Very girly and very good!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We rarely drink and if I had a beer during the day, I'd be asleep the rest of the day.

My brother calls John "six-pack" (six beer and he's drunk).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

"It's 5:00 Somewhere"
That is very very true. That should be my motto.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use to start right after breakfast back in college, more so when we went on vacations. Sooo...I'd say the earliest is 9/10 am.

However now, anytime after noon is good for me. I like to feel the coffee for a little while before I get drunk.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back in my partying days, I hung out with my punk rocker friends.
5 of them went in together and leased a huge old house that everyone called the party house.

The only clock in the place had nothing but fives all the way around.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well back in the college days one homecoming I had passed out my 9 in the morning!!! (EEK!!)
But I say 11:30 ish unless its a Green Bay Packer game and then it can be much earlier (they open gates 4 hrs before kickoff) I think to its better to have wine or beer or a light type of mixed drink earlier in the day (as I sit here with a glass of wine!)

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
my attitude is to remember that somewhere in the world it is beer o'clock!!!

oh edit - sorry I didnt read this whole thread before posting and just realised someone has already said this

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

my attitude is to remember that somewhere in the world it is beer o'clock!!!

oh edit - sorry I didnt read this whole thread before posting and just realised someone has already said this
Must be true then, eh?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, i don't think it really matters what time lol. As someone already stated- it's always 5:00 somewhere!

mamasquishy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Myself, I would have a drink around 1 or 2. But, not much earlier. I don't wanna drink too much before my kids are in bed. My hubby though depending on whats going on might start around 12 or so. Sometimes earlier sometimes later. Just ask yourself, what would Jimmy Buffet do.....

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having a drink and starting drinking are different to me. I can have a good beer (like a Newcastle or a Guinness or a microbrew) with lunch, but only one, and only if I have nothing else to do.

I never start drinking before dark unless I am at a party or barbeque or at the pool with a bunch of friends.

As a regular policy, I won't start before dark though.

Yay college! And as for the Kegs'n'eggs, here on St Patricks Day people actually wake up earlier than they ever would for any other reason to go out and drink.

I like to hang out outside and watch everyone stumbling around at 8 am wasted.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Yay college! And as for the Kegs'n'eggs, here on St Patricks Day people actually wake up earlier than they ever would for any other reason to go out and drink.

I like to hang out outside and watch everyone stumbling around at 8 am wasted.
you crack me up lol