How does your spouse (or SO) feel about your cat(s)?

mfluffykitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My husband used to have only dogs, and now he loves cats. He wouldn't mind a dog, but I bet he'd love our cats more.

andrewweilin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't underestimate an animal's, any animal's, charm on human beings. I sincerely believe that there is an innate part of us that can find love in animals, even cats, despite their sometimes dodgy reputation.

Confession: I used to hate cats! =O I used to think they were stuck up and well...un-dog like, lol. But now I'm the proud owner of two beautiful kittens who I nurture and care for more than anything in the world. It all changed for me when I was in college and attending classes at the theatre department. Theatres are known for keeping cats around and this one was no exception. Being the cat hater that I was, I would always intentionally ignore Eddie-Puss (Oedipus). Despite my efforts, however, he always climbed on my lap while ignoring everyone else and be extreeeemely affectionate. At first I was taken back and annoyed by the amount of hair he would leave on my clothing, but eventually I was won over by his complete persistence in owning my affection. I have been a cat lover ever since.

I say give it time. There will eventually be a time when someone "caves in." I did and I was not a cat person at all.

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband had a neutral "feeling" towards cats - you know -- a dog person

THEN, came KiKi!

He is now a cat person!
KiKi has been more like a dog, maybe that helped.

KiKi talks a lot - we love that about him, too!

We now have two more - he went to visit his niece - her cat's litter was ready to be adopted - so, he called me to see if I wanted one. I told him to send me pics (via internet).

Sure, just try to pick only one !!- they were all so cute!. I thought the little girl would be easier for KiKi to accept, so was leaning towards the Tortie. There was a male, also that looked like he had the same daddy as the Tortie - couldn't choose - so left the decision up to my hubby because he could check out their personalities.

He came home with both of them - yep, he likes cats! Of course I get to do most of the "work" involved with them.

He's a little frustrated with that little cute Tortie (Phoebe), she has an attitude and won't cuddle like KiKi, or Simon - but time will bring success, I'm sure.

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My husband has always had cats in his house growing up, and hated dogs. I grew up with dogs and horses and was deathly afraid of cats (I know, it seems crazy, but I was more comfortable around a horse than I was around a kitty). I swore I would never have a cat (the only cats I had known were anti social, sneaky, totally feral or just plain mean).

Then we moved to FL (where hubby is in the studio late at night and on weekends) and I started to warm up to the idea of a companion pet.

So this weekend we went and got Carl--and I am in love! I told Jack that I wanted a cat that acted like an adult dog (the kind with all the natural instict bred out). Carl is perfect-he is cool as a cucumber with whatever we do to him (like trimming claws, picking up, holding, etc).

Of course Jack loves him too!

I was, however, severely uncomfortable in the cat room at the shelter with 75 cats looking like they wanted to leap onto my shoulders!

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MissintheSouth

I was, however, severely uncomfortable in the cat room at the shelter with 75 cats looking like they wanted to leap onto my shoulders!
Congrats on the new addition! They were just hoping you'd take them all home