How does your kitty show you s/he's mad?

boog's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Pogue doesn't get mad...so much as frustrated. Like when he thinks I'm taking too long mixing up his breakfast. He sinks his teeth into my calf, and when I look down to scold him, he looks back at me with this expression like "I have no idea why I just did that."

Poo used to follow the "don't get mad, get even" edict. If she was really mad, she'd back up to a wall wherever I was, and pee on it...looking me in the eye the whole time.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zissou's moody just like her mommie
. Sometimes she just gets a bug in her butt and decides to pout for days, sometimes she's glued to me.

But when I do do something she doesn't like (a list which is added to every day, and today it included doing sit-ups) she stares at me with a look that actually makes me feel guilty, raises her hackles ever so slightly, then slinks off with this total 'tude. In these moments I finally understand what men mean when they say women are impossible to understand.

When she really hates me, she'll hide under the bed or futon until I look for her. And then stay there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

What I failed to mention is that Radar is 'mad' in the UK sense of the word - ie. insane, several fries short of a happy meal, not playing with a full deck etc, he does get overexcited and bite in his moments of 'madness', but I don't think I've seen him in the US sense of the word 'mad' ie. angry/cross
Ha ha, I did mean cross or irritated, but that kind of mad is interesting, too!

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well it depends on what made her mad.

If she is mad because I won't give her more food, she meows louder and louder at my feet until I take notice, then when I bend down to pet her she dashes off and looks back at me like "just try and catch me! hmmf!"

If she is mad because of any other reason (I lock her out of a room because she is getting into things, I take away the plastic she found to eat, etc.) she will go hide under something all day.. like it's punishing me by not having her around .. (and it does, she knows I like having her by me)

I guess she is pretty smart