How Does your cat(s) get your attention?

monica's six

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Amelia also does one other thing that only she does and it's adorable. Once she knows I'm looking at her, she'll tilt her head one way a little, then maybe a little more that way, then a little bit back towards the center. It's the cutest darn thing!

When I lived in my old apartment Isabelle would follow me into the bathroom when I went to go take a shower and she would nip at my calf once the water was turned on as if to tell me that it's dangerous in there with all that water!!
-

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I forgot to mention about Dori, now that I think about it there is 2 other things that she does. She will weave in between my 2 feet and rub her head against my legs. If I ignore her and keep walking she will continue to weave practically tripping me. She does it to both my bf and I, and especially in the kitchen
The other thing she does, which she is doing now, if she is lazy and doesn't feel like coming to get me she will meow loudly from another room. And won't stop til I go in there. Once I get there she is always sitting on the carpet waiting patiently for my arrival

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oscar will do this little trilling sound and then reach up as far as he can for me to pick him up. It's so cute when he does that
I can't resist him.

The Sammycat has this little arm over the eye thing going on when he wants something. He will stand on his back legs and put both front feet on a cabinet or whatever, then he will take one foot and reach out at me and then rub it across his face and blink at me. I really need to get a picture of him doing that. It is so cute
Now if I ignore him he will get mad at me. When I turn and walk down the hallway he will run up behind me and swat my ankles with an evil look in his eyes, then act like he is innocent
Gotta love him though

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

JC likes the YOWL!!!! method. You can hear him three doors down (seriously - we've had comments from the neighbors). He'll also pat my face if I'm sitting or lying down. If I'm behind a closed door he'll throw himself against the door and yowl at the top of his lungs. He's not good at being subtle.
OMG the neighbors said something about JC ?
Boy taht sure has to be laud

vinceneilsgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Angel...will head butt you and smell your fingers.

Sagwa...chirps at you, and sometimes meows. She also bites your fingers.

Sarobi...will crie and stand up on her hind legs with her front paws on you.

Cringer...will do figure 8s around your legs, look up at you, and YELL at the top of her lungs!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Summer will stand on her hind legs...put one paw on your leg and reach and touch your arm whle meowing

In the wee hours of the morning she'll walk all over us and meow. If that doesnt work, she'll lick the tip of my nose!

abby7625

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Its very rare that Sam wants much to do with me anymore, but when he does, where ever I am sitting, he will climb up to lay across my shoulders and thump his tail on my arm. If I am standing, he will wrap his tail around my leg and do that purr/meow noise then flop over to show his tummy. If I am on the computer he will sit on the table next to the desk also.

Sally is a bit more straightforward will come up and either sharpen her claws on my legs/jeans--doesn't make any difference to her, she doesn't feel a thing or she will nip at my ankles when I walk by.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gus gets my attention when I am sleeping by jumping up on the bed and touching his nose to mine...scares the crap out of me when i am sound asleep!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by PurrfectCatlove

OMG the neighbors said something about JC ?
Boy taht sure has to be laud
I'm hard of hearing, and he's learned to adjust his noise level accordingly. Which means about three times the volume most people find acceptable.

caspar

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine meow to get my attention. My Buckwheat lets me know the water bowl is empty by batting it against the wall or by stepping on it, and making a loud noise. It's his way of showing disgust at the laziness of his daddy. Coco will do her business outside the litter box when I haven't cleaned the box to her liking. When I give attention, to one more than another, the others will refuse to let me touch them out of spite. Oh, there's a lot of body language being spoken at my house.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These are fun!
If I'm at the computer or reading, Sierra walks all over the keyboard, sits on my book or starts rubbing all over my face! If I'm on the telephone, she gets up as high as she can, like on top of the refrigerater and meows at the top of her lungs! When she wants me to wake up, she'll sit up on my chest and stare at me after walking all over me, if this proves unsuccessful, she does that rabbit kick on my arm!

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Samwise will Meow and take a running leap at me. He's also the King of Headbutts.

Gandalf on the other hand will either meow or if that doesn't work, he'll start doing something "bad" to get my attention like play with the light above the kitchen table or drag his paws down the blinds. (He's lucky he's so darned cute.
)

sbbeatnik

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dylan will give me a running Meow all the way to the front door when I come home...belly shaking, tail swishing, and voice vibrating. (mee-ee-ee-ee-eee ow!)

Then he will wait to be scooped up and carried around on my hip like a small toddler. (this is the nightly routine each night when I get home) Kitty on hip, little front paws on my shoulder, legs and back feet wrapped around my side hipbone...I prepare his dinner (with my free hand) as he watches over purring loudly, and head butting my shoulder.

I am sure it is a sight to behold!

--Susan
Dylan's Mommy

Dylan's page

jakkies

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dexter ~ He used to send his sister upstairs to find me...I'd walk down the stairs and there he would be, sitting on the scratching post looking ever so innocent. If that didn't work he would do a squeeky little meow at me.

DeeDee ~ Depends on what she wants, if it is breakfast time and I am still in bed she will be all loud and kinda obnoxious sounding. If she wants love it will sound like we have a kitten in the house! Lately she has been "moaning" about the new kitten, all plaintive but annoyed...poor kid

Squid ~ Our new kitten is not very subtle...he just jumps from the floor as far as he can and sinks in the nails to get my attention...owwww..

In case anyone wonders...we are calling him Squid because he enfolds your hand, head, feet and the teddy bear like there is a mouth on his tummy and he needs to make sure it gets close enough.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by JakkieS

In case anyone wonders...we are calling him Squid because he enfolds your hand, head, feet and the teddy bear like there is a mouth on his tummy and he needs to make sure it gets close enough.
I love it!
What an original name!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isis will whine and meow until we come and see what is wrong. 99% of the time she is just to lazy to get up and wants someone to come and pet her.
Luna will leap around like she wants to play, but really wants you to pick her up and put her on the bed or your lap and pet her.
Rocket if you're on the computer, he will tap your arm with his paw and go Merow? like he wants you to talk to him, then will jump on the back of the chair. if we are in bed he will jump up on my side and cry until we work into a postition that is suited to him and he will either lay down and knead my hair and fall asleep drooling, or will twist and turn and squirm all the while being petted!
Twig... he either will sit at the back door and meow to get to the back porch, and if noone comes to see him, he will come running into th bedroom and leap on top of us! now mind you, a 16 pound cat is not a nice thing to have leaping on you whether you are awake or asleep. if these don't work, he will quietly come over to my side of the bed and start to scratch at my hair until I wake up, if I don't wkae up fast enough, then he will bite my hair and pull with his teeth until I leap up from pain, (not kidding!). wicked monster! I love those spoiled monsters and for the past week they've loved to have me home!!!!

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlotte only tries to get my attention when she wants me to 1) PLAY <and she wants to play VERY often or 2) wake me up in the morning.

When she wants to play, she just brings her toy and stares at me!! When I look at her, she crouches down or runs behind an object as though she's playing hide-n-seek. It's so cute and I'm such a sucker!!

When she wants me to wake up, she jumps onto the bed and nudges me making a short but sweet meow. Of course, if I refuse to get up, she starts running up and down my body while I'm "trying" to sleep or starts biting my hand if it's visible. Sometimes she will also kneed the bed frame.