How Does Your Cat Make You Smile/Laugh??

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always laugh when the boys try and get control over each other, especially when one has the catnip blanket we bought last week - god, they fight over it.

I love it when Peedoodle hides under the quilt when its touching the floor and hes under the bed, if you walk past, he will attack your feet. I am always hysterical then!

Peedoodle and I play hide and seek - I hide and Peedoodle seeks and he jumps out at me and I always scream - he ALWAYS gives me a fright because when he is stalking, I never know when he is going to jump out at me. I think he gets his kicks out of hearing me yelp in fright.

When Kahu stretches, he waves his paw out at me and its really adorable, its like he is waving at me.

Kahu ALWAYS lays in the hallway and if you walk past, he will tap you on the leg but never using his claws - I have no idea why he does that, but its really cute.

Right now, they are running around, chasing each other liek they do at nighttime.

nighteyes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
First one that comes to mind, is my cats fascination with water he will watch the small table fountain in my living room, with this very intense look on his face. He loves to put his face in the water.

And of course the day he fell in the toilet(lol)

glentheman20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For some reason, seeing Snowball stand up on her hind legs while investigating something always brings a smile to my face. It reminds me of the Simpsons episode with Burns' puppies. Also, when she lets out a big yawn, sometimes an involuntary squeak/meow will emit from her mouth!

nunny

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
oh, I laugh 90% of the time Im watching my kitties! they bring so much joy to our lives...
Im not sure what is funnier - Timon stretching splat on the floor when I come in the house, or Peppe "investigating" a new toy (including jumping 3 feet in the air if someone makes a loud noise while he is focused), or maybe timon crawling into bed in the middle of the night, and mewo-ing RIGHT in my face for attention... Or Peppe hunting down an unfortunate fly that happened to be in the wrong house... Peppe drinking water with his paws or Timon falling - =splash= - into the toilette!
Just the fact that they both turn their head together to hear things, can crack me up!

my sweet sweet cats... how boring life would be without them!

lhezzza

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cooper: Loves spiders and ants.... I will pick her up and place her on my shoulder... we will walk around the house "looking for spiders" she will look around and swat me with her tail if something looks interesting.... (WE'VE ONLY EVER FOUND ONE SPIDER!) this is now a daily routine.... I come home and we go hunting!

Jack: Loves to eat! He is now 9 months and will eat everthing in sight.... We had a trail of ants in the house the other day. Cooper was playing with them "meowing" and teasing them.... Jack come over and "GULP" all gone... he licked the whole line of ants up.... Cooper stood there in awe - and cried for the ants for 15 mins (I kid you now!!!)

My babies are so funny they do something new everyday - This morning Jack pick up Nicks socks and tossed them into a wet bathtub....

I love my guys!

bonzii7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of my kitties, Nori, will jump in my spot on the couch if you even get up for a split second to reach the remote. Then she looks at me like "oh were you sitting here" and then proceeds to snuggle into the cusion in extacy. It makes me laugh every time.

amirando

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Piku makes us laugh every time he tries to chase his tail. He has a really stubby one that must have been some sort of accident before we got him. He almost looks like a top spinning, lying on his back and reaching up between his back legs. He'll keep at it until he hits a wall or a piece of furniture.

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hah.. something incredibly funny happened about a month or so ago....

I had the cats outside with me on their leashes in the front yard. They were all relaxed and sitting down and eating grass. Then the neighbors accross the street came home. They have a boxer puppy, about a year old or so.. and they never put him on a leash! So they opened the door, and the dog comes running out all excitedly.. both my cats and I watched him calmly for a second.. the cats were probably thinking "oh its that strange animal next door.. it will be fun to watch it... OMG HOLY CRAP ITS COMING OVER HERE!!!!"

The dog saw my cats.. ran accross the street, and up to aerowyn to give her a sniff, and she freaked out.. I was like.. ai!!! I let go of the leashes, because I knew they could deal better on their own.. Aerowyn ran up a tree about twelve feet, the hair on her back all up and pointy (It is so funny, because she is such a small cat, and she has like 2 1/2 inch hair on her back...) Elliot.. hah.. and this is the funny part.. he turned to the side, backed up, turned around.. and launched his 16 lb self up a tree. However.. with his bulk he only managed to get two feet up it..... so Imagine a fat orange cat, clinging spradle legged to a tree.... looking like an atomic bomb just went off!! It was so funny!!!! The dog had no intention to hurt the cats, he was just curious.. but OMG it was so funny to see my fat cat two feet up the tree trunk! I mean, the dog would have had to BEND OVER to sniff Elliot's bum!!! I laughed for like a half hour, while the neighbor was apologizing about the dog getting loose. Omg it was the funniest thing ever.. I wish I had had a camera.

Since then he has made attempts to climb trees.. usually launching himself and hanging on for about five seconds before falling down. SO CUTE!!