How Does Your Cat Let You Know They Want Attention???

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:lol: All of the above, and then some!! :)

Feeby will walk through the house looking for me while calling out to me the whole way through until she either finds me or I find her!!!

She also likes to drag her ribbons in her mouth from one end of the house to the other while calling out to me, in garbled meows. It seems like she is saying: "Where are you? You have GOT to see what I have".

On the other side of the coin, in her more lazy moments, she will see me pass by somewhere she is sitting and squawk at me to get my attention. If I am close enough, she will swat at me as if to try to stop me.

She also has a special spot right outside the kitchen that she sits on when she thinks it is time for me to feed her, and of course if I pass by there she has got to squawk at me - "Hey, isn't it FOOD time?".

And, lastly - she has a horizontal scratching pad that I put cat nip on for her. All I have to do is see her patiently sitting in front of it and I know she is telling me it is time to replenish her stock!! :winkcat:

Attachments

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Feeding my cat Maggie in the morning can take an hour. If she doesn't like what I give her. she keeps looking up at the counter. When she's done eating she constantly meows for me to follow her to the living room. Coco crawls up to my face and rubs against it! Peaches will bite me if she wants something

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those look familiar - Toffee has been particularly keen on jumping up at me to get my attention, normally when I'm in the kitchen because he thinks that kitchen = food :lol:
Both Toffee and Fudge will also **** their heads back when they want to be stroked, and Fudge will also come right up towards me and stretch out his nose when he wants a kiss.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All of those things. Spice nibbles on my elbow, Julie face rubs the end of my nose, Sugar walks across my chest, dragging the whole length of her tail under my nose and across my mouth and Sheba trills and pats me with her claws.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Theodore just follows me around and meows at me. Especially when I go into the kitchen.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When arnold is laying in my lap and im not paying enough attention to him, he will reach up with a big paw and very lightly bat my face, with a claw ever so lightly extended.

As I type this, he has come over to me, l
20190413_070213.jpg
aid his big heavy head on my hand and is trying to sleep. He wants contact and comfort.

Both cats have also started pitifully crying occassionally.

I run to find them comfortably laying on the floor, staring at me. I think they now realize their cry will bring attention. Im concerned that they are hurt or trying to pass crystals as this happened to one of our male cats before we learnt about crystals.

Here is arnold, as I type this.

20190413_070213.jpg