how does this ad look to you guys.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would just be nervous about the people taking the cat and disappearing. Like saying, "oh yes we will make the appointment right now" and then not showing up.

A woman who runs a rescue offered to take my daughters 3 little babies that were found in a machine where her husband works. She drove by the house to take a look and from the looks of the place, said she would never have let them go there.

It is hard to find homes, boy do I know that. I just have a real issue with trust.

Thats why I always say, charge money up front for an animal. There are too many ways for people to get around stipulations. And I believe people with bad intentions for animals troll CL looking for free kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

colorpointcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

I would just be nervous about the people taking the cat and disappearing. Like saying, "oh yes we will make the appointment right now" and then not showing up.

A woman who runs a rescue offered to take my daughters 3 little babies that were found in a machine where her husband works. She drove by the house to take a look and from the looks of the place, said she would never have let them go there.

It is hard to find homes, boy do I know that. I just have a real issue with trust.

Thats why I always say, charge money up front for an animal. There are too many ways for people to get around stipulations. And I believe people with bad intentions for animals troll CL looking for free kittens.
thats why im pushing for the clinic at the spca they have to pay before hand and i will drop her off the morning of the spay. All id have to do is call the director and lether know what is going on.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the picture of the cat and the baby. Good Luck with finding a home.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would not put her for free - unfortunately there are a lot of people there who want a cat for other than a loving pet
You need to charge even if a small adoption fee. I Also would consider spaying her on my own, then putting her out for adoption.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the people are paying for the spay, its not such an issue with her being free since the spay fee would be comparable to an adoption charge

She is a cutie (but I would definitely ensure she is spayed before they pick her up, meet them at the pick up time and sign the paperwork there for them to pick her up with a promisary note beforehand)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're going to drop her off at the spay clinc and they'll pick her up and pay for it, I think that's fine. I wouldn't let her go to the new home unspayed but that seems like it would work. And the free part isn't a problem if they're willing to pay for the spay. Looks good! She's a cutie.

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would get her spayed and then put her up for adoption with the spay fee as her re-homing fee. That way she is already done and she can go to her new home right away.

I do understand waiting. The calico I found was spayed before she went to her new home, but after she found one. Her owner wanted his other 2 females done so I took all 3 to the low cost clinic and got them all done before I let her go home with him.

I would not let her go to her new home until she is spayed.

I would also ask for a vet reference if they have other animals to make sure they take care of their current pets.

It is a lot easier to get an already spayed cat to a home, most people didn't want ours since she wasn't spayed even though we were going to get her done before going home with them.

Taryn

colorpointcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i give up on CL cause the ads get flagged too much. her and another stray are being posted on the local spcas website as a courtesy listing. thankfully

colorpointcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she got adopted by a couple whos elderly cat passed away. she wasnt spayed yet but when they immediately offered me their vets name and number and i got an excellent report from their vet i let them take her. Shes going to be spoiled. they live right here in auburn too.