How Does He Know?

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems like Larry just does this on days when I have a job.

I did, indeed, have 1 day of work today, and I'm getting ready, doing last minute things at the computer before I leave, and Larry was bouncing off the walls - literally! He was chasing various toys around, throwing them up in the air and leaping on them, racing around, getting that funny look on his face, with his ears perked up and his head cocked to one side, and his pupils all huge - as if was saying, "Come on, Mom! Play with me!"

Never seems to happen when I have nothing to do during the day.....only on days when I have to leave, and I'd much prefer staying home and playing.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nora can tell when my husband puts jeans on that he is going to leave the house, and will try everything she can to stop him from going. She will lay on his briefcase, she will flop in front of him for pets, she will even try laying down in front of the door to the garage so he can't get out. lol They just know.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aya's clue is when I go into the b-room and start putting on makeup which I usually don't do if I'm just going to stay around the house. She follows me and jumped on the sink. Stretches up to the mirror and starts giving me these long pitiful mews.

cattoys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think he really feels you and trying to delay you for some more minutes with him and that's so sweet..

harlesbarkley

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitty knows im about to walk my dog when i pick up the leash, as soon as she sees that she will go and just lay down in front of the door so that in order to open it i have to move her :] cats are very smart <3

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, my boys put on quite a display when I go to leave. In particular, Prowler wants pets and will jump up onto the dining table ... or he will flop down on my coat.

Archie ... when he sees me kick of my house slippers, runs to the garage door to be let out!
He then proceeds to lead me on a merry chase in the garage until he flops down for a tummy rub. Then he's satisfied ... I put him back in the house.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mojo does everything she can to stop me from getting dressed and leaving for work. She lays on my clothes. She grabs my clothes and won't let go - shirt sleeves are apparently the best thing to grab. And the coup de gras - she rolls over on her back so I can rub her tummy while I pet her head. I have to pet the head while I rub the tummy or she roto-rooters my arm.
But that is the only time she rolls over like that and lets me pet her tummy.
She loves her Meowmy!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The black cat, Max, in my siggy used to really drive us nuts when he knew we were leaving. He would go hide. He was so black, unless he opened his eyes you couldn't find him. We wised up and started putting him in the utility room before we would start getting ready to leave. He was the kind of cat, if you had let him stay loose in the house while you were gone, when you come home, the tv would be on, the water running in the tub. What else, you can only imagine.

chinacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They do know don't they!

I always have a cup of tea & watch a bit of the news on tv before I leave for work and Newt settles down on my knee for a cuddle. I feel so guilty when I have to move her to leave the house, I'd much rather stay at home with her but the last thing I see before I leave is her little face looking utterly despondant 'but where are you going?' ha ha!
Ripley often tries to prevent my husband or me leaving by standing in front of the door & mewing really loudly. I keep telling her that if we didn't work she'd have to eat cheap food but I'm not sure she believes me!!!

alenalbert

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
mmmmm...... your cat loves you so much

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This morning, Larry tried something new. I put my clothes out on the bed - everything I was wearing for Easter Sunday, including this really pretty silk scarf. When I came out of the bathroom, Larry was pawing the scarf, without using his claws, rubbing his face all over it. I left the room and came back in and he had it all in a ball and he was lying on it, perfectly contented.

He looked at me with this sweet look on his face, then rolled over, with his front paws wrapped around the scarf. I tried to take it, but he had it....he didn't really have his claws in it, but it was clutched in his front paws. So I found his ball and threw it and he went chasing after it, leaving the scarf.

I wonder what lotion, or whatever, I had been wearing the last time I wore that scarf. He obviously liked it.

chinacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe Larry was scenting the scarf as it smelt 'strange' to him, he's probably making sure you don't get lost when you go out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chinacat

Maybe Larry was scenting the scarf as it smelt 'strange' to him, he's probably making sure you don't get lost when you go out!
Hey! There ya go!
And it obviously worked, since I found my way home!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
They know what's going on; I don't know how, but they do.

Boo and I do the Bounce thing 3-4 times a week. Normally, he's content with only one Bouncing session, but there are mornings when he needs two sessions. And those are the morning when I'm running late! It never fails.