How do your kitties wake you up in the morning?

spider jones

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a beautiful boy you have there, JFED! Thanks for starting this topic.
My Layla and Madeline are so different in the mornings. 6 AM is my wake up time on a working day and they generally wait till then and even a bit later on weekends, but usually they don't start the where is our breakfast routine until they know that I'm waking up already.
Layla paces the hallway outside my room yelling the house down in a very demanding way and can rarely be put off for long. But Miss Maddy just sits very close to my face and watches for my eyes to open purring very loudly and occasionally giving me a gentle bite on the elbow. She's very polite compared to Layla. Both sleep on the bed with me or one on the bed and one on the chair next to the bed so I'm sure they know when I'm waking up before I do.

The annoying thing is that they will never wake my son up to feed them. When my daughter lived at home they sometimes asked her but usually it's me. I often work late into the evening and it's not unusual to come home at 9 pm to find my son watching tv and both cats sleeping peacefully only to wake and ask for dinner as soon as I'm home. They just don't ask him although he has fed them many times when I am away and when Maddy was a baby he had the sole care of her in his room for weeks because Layla didn't like her. They just know who Mum is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jfed

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

jclark

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Old Guy: Will walk halfway across your face and just stop.
Young Adult #1: Will get up,purr, stand on you, evenually hop off and he'll go lick a window blind.
Young Adult #2: Will hop on bed, pause, then he'll do a "pounce and run" on your ribs.

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Funny stories! I love your old guy, @JClark, walking 1/2 way across your face and stopping. Lol

mrsfpmister

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

What a bunch of characters you all have!
Mister (pictured above) is the only kitty in this house, and knows he is a prince. But he has the GROSSEST last resort plan when it comes to waking up my husband!
My husband is a sailor and is on a 30 home/30 work day schedule. (I am college student/house wife) An it's strange that when he is home, Mister asks him for breakfast, but not any other meal. While I sometimes enjoy the break, my husband is sometimes not amused to get up at 8am to feed the cat.
Anyways, mister goes through three stages:
1. Curl up next to/on your face while happily purring and "chirping" you awake.
2. If ignored, he then begins to lick and "pat" your face with his paws. Usually I get up at this point.
3. If, after several more minutes, he fails to get fed, he will then sit on your face, and to my amusement (not the victims) he usually puts his... Errr, rear parts very close to ones nose and/or mouth. YUCK! But, in Misters defense, it does get him fed every time! LOL [emoji]128514[/emoji]

autumnrose74

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Shelly likes to jump on the bed (if she's not already up there) at around 4:00 AM or so, when I'm still
, and she'll usually start by kneading the bed interspersed with moments where she tries to see just how far up my nose she can shove her head (face-mashing: her version of cheek rubs
).  This is the time when she'll let me pull her into the crook of my arm and cuddle her. :) And then she'll jump off and go somewhere else, and then she'll come back up.... wash, rinse repeat, until it's 6:30 and time for her morning feed, and for me to get up for work.

She is the BEST little alarm clock I've ever had!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jfed

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oooh Mister is such a handsome fellow!!! I once had a long-haired orange tabby that looked just like him, until I lost him to cancer last Christmas
 Those little lion-king-look-alikes hold a very dear spot in my heart! Treasure those mornings with him... so long as it's the right end that's facing you 

Our kitties sure know how to get what they want!  Lucky little gents and madams sure found the right homes to cater to their every need

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So far the girls just started sleeping wit... 3 cats and Louie the dog. It gets interesting?!

We the people wake them, when the alarm goes off to get the human children up.

I often wonder if the kittens play hard at night because they just rolllll over when the blankets cover them [even better# lol).
I am an amazingly light sleeper... I would think I'd at least open an eye or something. Lol
Maybe they are strannnnge kittens and actually sleep at night.

nwfn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat usually wakes me up 30-45 minutes before the alarm goes off. She meows hello, swats my arm until I pet her, walks back and forth on top of me for a few minutes, and then leaves until about 10-15 minutes before my alarm, when the process repeats itself.

Then the alarm goes off, and if I'm tempted to take another five minutes, she starts meowing at me loudly to get up already and feed her :)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mogli is very polite. He won't actually wake us up, but as soon as one of us starts to stir he'll mew very quietly.

His predecessor was very insistent in the morning. He went from running across us to tapping us on the face to the tried-and-true method he used for years: a paw stuck in your mouth!