How do you watch movies?

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
mostly renting, i hate movie theatres and cant sit still, it has to be a movie i really want to see. Most of the time we rent movies and ill fall asleep, it has to really hold my attention, if not ill fall asleep or just keep talking lol.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cats4sky

mostly renting, i hate movie theatres and cant sit still, it has to be a movie i really want to see. Most of the time we rent movies and ill fall asleep, it has to really hold my attention, if not ill fall asleep or just keep talking lol.
Me too

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
usually there is something on tv on Friday and Saturday nights, but here we have a huge collection of dvd's and FIL brings at least two - three home every week
I don't watch half of them though, they are wayy too scary

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I now get my movies from Netflix.

Seeing a movie is almost a religious experience for me. And it drives me crazy to sit in a theatre and have people talking, commenting on the film, coming late, texting......it drives me so crazy that I now stay away from movie theatres - which breaks my heart, because I believe that's the way movies should be seen - in a theatre, on a big screen, everyone sharing the same experience. There's nothing like watching a movie and having everyone gasp at the same time, or laugh at the same time. But people have lost the respect for the experience. (I'm generalizing, and ranting here.) Also, it's so expensive to go to the movies these days!

Through my union (Screen Actors Guild), I usually join the Film Society. For $100 and the whole year, we see screenings of movies every two weeks.. We're all actors and writers in the audience, so there's no talking, and it's very respectful of the work. I couldn't do it this year, though, because I couldn't afford it. I certainly will, though, when it comes up again, because I hate not seeing movies in theatres.

Wow.....sorry for the rant.
Once I get started on this subject, it's hard to shut me up.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have digital cable so I mostly watch movies on tv.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will only go the theatre on a very rare occasion, didn't even go at all last year. I don't have the attention span/time for most movies and don't watch many regardless.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We used to purchase our DVDs, but planned on going with NetFlix once our house was finished. Well Rob tried to sign up and it said our address is undeliverable!! I'm thinking of having them send the DVDs to his parents house instead and see if that is more deliverable. Not sure if we were getting that error because it is a new construction/address.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love going to the flicks and try and go once every 2 weeks

I also enjoy renting DVD's. I do not own a single DVD but I also voted "other" because I watch the DVD's that Kieran purchases

anjhest

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I LOVE GOING TO THE MOVIE THEATRE!!!

REally, it's all about the popcorn. I have two friends that are just as obsessed as I am. We have a joke with people, "did you know you can watch movies at the popcorn stand?"