How do you use catnip?

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I grow catnip in my garden for Max. In the winter I buy organic. Just a note that if you are going to plant catnip, it will probably take over your whole garden. It really spreads, so I will weed it out now and then.

I have a catnip pillow that you put the catnip inside and he rolls all over it. It is usually found in a ball and across the room from where I laid it down. He also has catnip toys that he loves to play with.

merlot

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just found the cheapest toy in the world. Get some catnip, put it in the toe of some old, CLEAN, tights or pantyhose tie a knot in it the double it over the ball and tie another knot. so it doesn't break open and then you have a ball of catnip on the end of a string type thing. I did it today and both Otis and Willow are going MAD for it. So cheap and they are ignoring all their other toys.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to try giving Peaches some catnip. Never given her any yet. She's so laid back normally it might be amusing to see her on it!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by mzjazz2u
I have to try giving Peaches some catnip. Never given her any yet. She's so laid back normally it might be amusing to see her on it!
Peaches may not be a catnip responder, not all cats are...but if not, try a "uncatnip" honeysuckle toy. Some varieties of honeysuckle are not safe, but there is a safe variety of toys out there.

trying to imagine if a high on catnip laid-back kitty will even move for hours or just lie on their back staring at the tip of their tail or the ceiling <G>!