How Do You Think You Would Do?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd do alright if somebody could hook up a generator for me to take a shower.
You could get one of those camping showers, where there is a big bag that you hang up high, load up with water and it goes down a hose with a shower head that you affix to something. But dare I say that water, especially water that would be appropriate for drinking should not be wasted.
When I was kid and we were out camping, we would bath in the lake using biodegradable soap that was safe (for the lake) to use. And now, with people wanting to help the environment, there are way more "safe for the water" products to choose from.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was kid and we were out camping, we would bath in the lake
That might be okay. I've never bathed in a lake, but I'd be willing to try it as long as there are no sharks, crocs, gators, stingrays, or snakes in there.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it were a zombie apocalypse situation, no. Eat me now, I won't last. I'm not ruthless enough at all. If I survived I'd be one of those people going around picking up orphaned babies and kittens so it would be difficult to keep everyone fed anyway.

If it were, say, an EMP situation that threw us back to the 1800s, I'd probably survive, but I'd be awfully whiny :lol:.

I know some people who are Preppers. Maybe they wouldn't shoot me if I showed up ;). But if they did, at least it would be quick.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shower??? Growing up, us kids took baths in a wash tub, with water heated on the wood stove, although sometimes, in warm weather, we would use the rain barrel.
When I was growing up, I spent my summers on my Grandmother's cattle ranch in Oklahoma. We had no running water. We bathed in creeks or rivers.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shower??? Growing up, us kids took baths in a wash tub, with water heated on the wood stove, although sometimes, in warm weather, we would use the rain barrel.
That does not sound like a good time! I need my showers. :lol:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were too poor to afford a wash tub, we just had to wait for a rainstorm then go roll in a puddle :lol:
Riiiiiiiiiiight. No, literally, we would put 2 chairs in one corner of the kitchen, and put a blanket over them for some privacy, then haul some water in from the outside pump, heat it on the wood stove, and that's how we took our baths.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'd survive. I live in a forest, so I'm already used to roughing it a bit. I'm pretty fit and I've been taught how to forage for bamboo shoots, mushrooms and other edible plants.

I was raised vegetarian but in the event of an apocalypse I'd covert to cannibalism in a flash.

:D

Dad???? Is that you? :flail:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd survive. I live in a forest, so I'm already used to roughing it a bit. I'm pretty fit and I've been taught how to forage for bamboo shoots, mushrooms and other edible plants.

I was raised vegetarian but in the event of an apocalypse I'd covert to cannibalism in a flash.

:D

Dad???? Is that you? :flail:
Nah, just an old geezer who remembers how it was to live without modern conveniences, like indoor plumbing.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd do terribly. I've lived in the suburbs my entire life and while I went camping a lot as a kid, we did it in an RV that had air conditioning. I'd be willing to learn though. I'm definitely not afraid to get down and dirty, I just don't have any knowledge of survival. It's the one reason I haven't started going on solo hikes like I want to.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On my own? Not long. I disabled and take various medications. Technically, I may be able to survive without my heart medication (regulators for an abnormal heartbeat, aortic insufficiency, and supraventricular tachycardia with recorded v-tech) with ready access to valerian root, motherwort, and ice water. I would not be comfortable because they would not be enough to completely alleviate my symptoms, but it would be almost manageable as long as the v-tech did not happen and I was careful not to overwork myself. I would not be able to feed myself because I cannot hunt or anything like that, so I would die. Soon. I would also be easy pickings for marauders. Now, if I could convince the marauders that I have skills they need--a more than basic knowledge of herbology, knitting, and crocheting--I might be okay.

With my children, husband, and daughter-in-law, I could live a comfortable and safe life for as long as they could find food. If my one neighbors joined us, we would be the warlords of the land. Hahah!

I already told my husband that if something crazy ever happened and we had a steady supply of dead bodies on the road, I would use the bodies to make cat food!