Top Cat
Purraise
3 sugars and 2 creams, please

and if it's a bigger mug then usual, the more sugar the better

oh, and a cigarette
oooooops

at least for today

i just love coffee
hey where's the coffee-drinking smiley ?

*note to self* must find coffee-drinking smiley :laughing:

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I ended up with a headache from lack of coffee this morning!!
I have to have real half and half, I would say 3 creams, but I go by color...VERY LIGHT and 2 sugars. I have found myself addicted to folgers, but I like Dunkin Donuts on occasion. This is only because there are no Starbucks close by. I am drinking a cup as we speak (I went and bought a gallon of half and half today!).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am also drinking a cup right now, i love coffee, i'm wondering if i will have to give it up
when i quit smoking...

i dont really care about the kind, except i do have a few preferences, favourites...

i like freshly ground coffee best, nothing with a flavour added, like hazlenut, or something.

we have a quaint, lovely coffeeshop here, called 'The Green Beanz'
or, 'The Bean' as we regulars call it, they have the absolute best coffee.

their 'Houseblend' or 'Organic' (which is caffienated!)

i buy it when i can afford it
it's a little pricey

as are all my sweet indulgences though !

by the way, i also get bad headaches if we run out of coffee and i dont have it in the morning

o&p

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm a total coffee freak too!!! I go for black coffee-I don't function without it. Starbuck's espresso roast is the best!

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like my coffee light with 1 1/2 Equals. I only drink one cup a day in the morning even though I do work nights. Hey blue, how's your no
campaign coming along??? I smoked very briefly after my divorce but gave it up . My mom died of lung cancer at the age of 44 so my father freaked out when he found out. Good luck.

ttapestry1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also tend to go by color..LOL....one sweet and low and perhaps a little Irish Cream. I get headaches too if I haven't had it by a certain time. I am also addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper....and cigarettes unfortunately. Caffiene and nicotene seem to go so well together! Anyway, fresh ground only for me although the grinder sends my cats in a tizzy!

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's right, I like it "strong"! I can't stand "weak" coffee. I love the fancy-shmancy coffee drinks at those coffee places, but that's a luxury I can seldom afford.

Although I enjoy the addition of cream and sugar — or fake cream and fake sugar if the real items aren't available — at home I just drink it "black." Cafe solo.

I buy "French roast" beans and grind them in the store — the bigger the store the better, as it's cheaper at those places. It's been ages since I've used canned coffee because, for reasons unknown to me, "Chock Full O' Nuts" brand isn't sold hereabouts; and other brands of canned coffee are awful.

When I run out of coffee and it's the end of the month, I drink tea. But it's just not the same thing!

=^..^=

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i love tea, Mr.Cat !

and i also take my coffee strong
nothing else is good enough !

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ttape....I also love Diet Dr. Pepper!

And as far as my coffee goes....I like it strong...and I like a little cream in it...preferably flavored....like vanilla or Irish Creme, and just enough sugar to sweeten it a tad....but if I have the flavored creams, I don't need sugar....they sweeten it just beautifully!

rene

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Light and sweet, just like me (no remarks from my volunteers and friends, thank you).

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cofee, COFFEE, "Coffee" C O F F E E !!!!! Love it, Love it, LOVE IT! I drink mine strong and with half and half (yes sir, Sandie; I buy mine by the quart only because I've never seen it sold in MO. by the 1/2 gallon)

I was gonna say I like my coffee STRONG & DARK like my men :laughing: but I gotta have that cream.

My sister, gotta love her, makes coffee so "weak" you can read thru it! I have had bad weekends when my pee was darker! (excuse me)

For the last year one of the extravagances I have allowed myself is membership to "Gevalia", the gourmet coffee club. They send you a FREE 10cup coffe maker when you join and you get to choose how much coffee you want sent and how often and what type. (they have over 50 to choose from and you can change off as much as you like) I get 4 lbs. (fresh ground, vaccuum sealed in 8oz. pacs) every 10 wks. and it costs less than $25.00 (including s&h) Does anyone else here belong to "Gevalia" ? It is the best coffee I have ever used (except for some I had in Portugal that I can't seem to get sent over here) I guess when I gave up booze and cigarettes and men I had to substitute something. . . .

illusion

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't drink coffee, makes my breath smell bad!

If I do drink it though, it's gotta be decaf as caffeine and my brain just don't mix. And I like it with lots of creamer (I like my coffee beige) and no sugar.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple of sugars and Carnation French Vanilla cream!!!!! Yum!!!! Makes it worth getting up in the morning!

kittyfoot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
After 28 years as an over the road truck driver I look for only two things...strong and wet
How to tell the difference between truck stop coffee and diesel fuel.. if it is robust and full of flavor and tastes mmmmm good...that was the diesel fuel!!!!

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love your "coffee test"! I recall back when Mad Comics first hit the street during the early 1950s (prior to its becoming Mad Magazine) there was an "article" about coffee in one of the early editions. The test for good coffee was that a horseshoe had to float in it. If the horseshoe sank, the coffee was too weak!

=^..^=

alexnell

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a confession--I don't drink coffee.

However, I need to share my Grandma's way of making coffee. She believed that it could never be strong enough the first time through the filter, so she'd brew a pot and then send it through again. She also used 25% more coffee grounds than were recommended for the amount of water. Her coffee looked like ink. Her friends said it tasted the way it looked.

billie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Coffee!
I only had one mug this morning and still missing it....
I like it with a dash of milk and unsweetened. I hate sweet coffee.
My favourite is Jacobs or Edusho (Tschibo when I don't have enough $$)
. coffee is part of my morning routine so I rarely have it during the day except instant coffee with milk and crushed sugar but I wouldn't call it coffee proper

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am just about to brew some coffee to go with all the cleaning i have to do !

hopefully it will provide the much needed energy

alexnell

my grandma also makes it strong, but, fortunately it is 'just right'
i love it, i love it !!!