How do you stop annoying solicitation phone calls?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! Wait until you hear what Cathi(blondiecat) says to these. Personally I'll just answer it and then when they say can I please speak to the Mrs. or Mr. of the house and I'll just put the phone down and turn my stereo on. Go back and check the phone in five or ten minutes.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are a two-phone line house, what I did when I'd had enough was to hook my Fax machine to our published number. Family, friends, anyone who needs it, has our second, unpublished number.

kad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You have to be carful in what you say sometimes they record you and they might try to sue you or something if you cus them out or something like that. A few things my family, frinds and i have tried are. Useing a gym of police whisle and blowing it when they call. banging the phone on the counter was my grandmals thing, but i wouldn't do that you might break the phone. One person my mom knows talked to the person for hours about nothing, and they haven't called back yet. Telling them the person is dead
is good, and leaving the phone there. You could start singing or making your voice deeper than it is then laughing uncontrobley for a few minutes (
) But i wouldn't know about that one personaly
one of my friends tried flirting with the people (man or woman) it usally freaked them out, but one time they started flirting back and freaked her out. I hope you find something that helps