How do you spoil your cat?

turtbat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just went through a big move with my cat and she is now living with another cat with the first time in 8 years or so. She is doing well so far, and I want to reward her for her tolerance. Other than catnip, how do you spoil your kitty?

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I buy far too many toys for Asha (mostly attachments for a Da Bird type toy). Also, extra playtime and tons of cuddles. Sometimes treats too - she loves Nature's Menu cat treats, and they're all meat so I feel ok about feeding them.

Shadow isn't so toy motivated now (he's 13). I tend to treat him with fresh cooked chicken or turkey (sometimes salmon, occasionally tuna and very occasionally smoked salmon or his favourite cheese). He will also get extra cuddles or grooming time to make him feel special. He's a real heat seeker too, so I'll sometimes give him a heat pad or hot water bottle to snuggle up to.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I buy groceries I ask for paper bags rather than plastic, then leave them lying on their sides on the floor. They make fantastic Kitty fortresses. I tried to get a picture this morning of Jasmine peering out of a paper bag, stalking her catnip mousie. As usual, she did not cooperate.

:sigh:

Margret

servant indeed

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I give my kitty some baby food on a spoon as a special treat (beef, stage 2). It is gobbled up! It so nice that you'll be rewarding her

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Mostly it's extra play, and cuddles if he wants them, sometimes throwing his dry food biscuits for him to chase about, and occasionally he gets a Thrive freeze dried white fish cube.  If it is something really major and I have them in the house Mouse might get a Lick e lix tube.

h3ybrad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
extra playtime, grooming, Temptations Catnip Fever treats, toys and more toys haha. 

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spread very soft comfortable things like towels and shirts for them to lie on. I save all good big boxes for them to crawl in and then line with soft stuff. I bring grass from outdoors, non-treated with anything, just plain good grass on a platter for them. I pick up their favorite furry mice toys and I also make them treats at home, slicked giblets/gizzards in little bitty pieces and dried in oven until chewy. I also make ice cubes for them in summer. I do have fans just for them too.

Last edited:

rnsophie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My gosh I don't think there's a time I'm not spoiling mine. I play with them, and pat them and snuggle with them in my easy chair. They sleep in bed with me. We are very attached. They even go to the bathroom with me and sit there waiting for me to be finished. Sometimes they even want me to pat them while I'm sitting on the toilet. LOL They don't like catnip, and any human food I've tried so far makes them sick (sensitive tummies). So I just go with lots of extra love.

Sophie