How do you sleep with your cat in the room?

kittiekitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
our oldest cat sleeps in her laundry basket beside the bed on the night stand. she has her own little mini bed with a thick pillow for a cushion.... spoiled little turd. our other two cats sleep at our feet. one is 13 lbs and he likes to sleep between my legs, complete momma's boy, and when that happens im in the same position all night long. the other cat (before she had her kittens) would sleep between my fiance's feet. i got good sleep most of the time
gotta love the babies!!

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zakk usually snuggles next to hubby for awhile, then gets in his own bed on his night stand. Rocky usually sleeps between my legs for at least the beginning of the night. The only real annoying thing is when he gets real affectinate in the middle of the night and starts kneading and licking. It's very sweet but his purring is so loud it wakes up hubby! Usually I bury my head in my pillow and turn over and he stops eventually. this happens about once a week. We don't usually see the young'uns in the night, but lately I have noticed that Suzie has been hanging out on the way bottom of the bed, but takes off as soon as you notice her. (she's a VERY shy kitty) Cookie just does the morning greeting to remind you it's breakfast time!

larrycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How do you sleep with your cat in the room?

How could a cat sleep with me in the room? I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t think my Basil even attempted to sleep in the same room as me. I do push out the ZZZZZâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s rather loudly Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m told.

Basil used to be out for most of the night. Sometimes though Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]d find him in the front room curled up on the sofa, about as far from my sending the pigs to market as he could get.

pui hang

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bella and Cinders didn't really bond with us until they started sleeping with us
They generally start off under the bed or in their igloo which is at the bottom of the bed but as the night progresses, they end up either sleeping on our feet or between our legs. They used to wake us up every night by sitting on either side of our heads and purring but they are so sweet we didn't mind.

Lately, they've taken to playing chase in the middle of the night and our bed has become part of the obstacle course. It wouldn't be so bad but they sound like a herd of elephants!

I don't think I've slept through the night since we got the girls but we're used to it now and wouldn't have it any other way. To be fair to them, they only wake us up once a night at about 3am but we just go straight back to sleep

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sash always sleeps with me at night and he is very bad at waking mommy up A LOT during the night!
He's an older kitty and he's always been this way if anything he wakes me up more now than he ever did so I don't think he's out growing it. I lay down and start to fall asleep and BAM he starts, I swear he has ESP! He wakes me up like clockwork, approx. every two hours. You probably wonder why I put up with this?
I'm lucky that I do manage to sleep 8-9 hours a day, I sometimes just need to take a nap to catch up on my sleep. I do keep his toys scattered around the bedroom and living room and I do hear him play with them sometimes but it doesn't stop him from waking me up though! I could never shut him out though. What can I say he has me wrapped around his paw!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't have at least 4 cats in the bed.

Two are usually on the body pillow in the center of the bed, one on the other side of the bed, one on my head and sometimes one in the middle between the pillows.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Smidge was very very bad with the bedtime thing for a long time.

Once I was asleep and she acted up, I immediately removed her from the bedroom and locked her out for the night. I was consistent with this for MONTHS until she learned that if she wanted to stay the night she had to be good.

I did such a good job with this she prefers to sleep on the couch in the l.r. instead of with me
She comes in a hour or so before the alarm, goes under the blanket and licks my arm a bit. Once the alarm goes off she is up and doing her "job" getting me up for the day.

I suspect she did try sleeping with me for a bit, but I'm a bit of a kicker. She will nap with me though and curl up nice and tight next to me. I dont move at all when napping...I think she's figured that out - it is safe for her!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our trick for Phenom was she could sleep with us but when she tried to play we would give her another chance but if she did it again then we take her downstairs and put her in her bathroom. It only took about a week of this before she realized that if she wanted to sleep with us she either had to sleep or play with her toys on the floor. Now she just brings her feather duster toy and sleeps with it on the bed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the input

I think I'll try to convince my boyfriend to give her a few chances and then we'll just boot her out if she gets too crazy!!

The boyfriend is quite a grumpy, sleepy, sleeper..so I'll try my best to convince him