how do you sleep at night? side, back, front?

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

i go to sleep on my right side wake up the same way, but semingly i sleep on my back for most the night haha
My husband says I do my deepest sleeping on my back, and if he comes to wake me up on the weekends and I'm on my back he knows to leave me sleeping b/c I'm in a deep sleep. I tend to fall asleep on my right side and wake up that way also. If I'm on my right side when he comes to get me he knows it is safe to wake me. lol

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sleep on my stomach. Since my back pain issues, my physical therapist recommended sleeping with a pillow under my hips. It helps a lot, but I still only sleep in 2 hour stretches before the pain wakes me up. Sometimes I take Ambien, and that allows me to sleep longer, but I'm in agony when I wake. It sucks to have to choose between sleep deprivation and pain.

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to only sleep on my right side,any other position hurt but since my back surgery my favorite position is on my back now that it is way more comfortable.Or i also sleep on my left side kinda on my side and half on my stomach at the same time,Really hard to explain that position.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fall asleep on my right side and tend to wake up on my back.

I toss and turn like a monster, though, so who knows what in between. Once, when I was a teen, I woke up on the other end of the bed... Gosh that's confusing...

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of the above. I don't sleep with my cats as I have allergies and I sleep poorly, anyway. I start on my right side, then flip to my back, then to my left side, then to my stomach. I repeat the process as many times as it takes to fall asleep.

When I wake up, blankets and pillows are everywhere, and I am not in the same position as I was when I fell asleep. Yes, I probably have sleep apnea and/or other problems as I sleep. If I could, I wouldn't sleep at all.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I generally sleep on my side with a kitty snuggled into my belly, and a kitty snuggled into the crook of my legs

I have a CPAP machine which is next to the bed on my right, so I sleep on my right side, and stay like that.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I have a CPAP machine which is next to the bed on my right, so I sleep on my right side, and stay like that.
Did you generally move around a lot before getting it?

I ask because some people should take their comments in this thread as a sign they may have a bit more going on that needs to be checked out. If you don't sleep well you won't stay healthy!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I start on my right side, onto my back, onto my left side, .... basically all over the place
I usually wake up on my side though. I cant sleep on my stomach unless I'm extremely exhausted, and even then I end up waking up and moving to a more comfortable position.