How do you really feel ? ?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I posted to every thread I have read, I would never have time to do anything else. I love to look at pics, and when a thought strikes me, I will post it. I'm not shy about that.

The fact that there is a group of folks here that have been communicating with each other longer, some have met each other in person, the fact that there are those who address each other by first name on a regular basis, well: I don't feel left out or jealous of that at all, I jump right in and join the conversations! How else are people going to get to know you, online, or in any other social situation?

I have never felt snubbed when jumping into a conversation, and I think I usually contribute something, even if I'm wrong on something and can stand to be corrected. I do enjoy it when folks find something I've said to be funny - that makes me smile and feel good.

However, people aren't going to reach out to YOU, you have to reach out to them and throw yourself into the fray! Post if you want to be posted to! Post, post, and post some more!

Yes, it saddens me a bit when I see not much for replies to something I've posted, but then there are those that seem to prefer to frequent only some areas of the forum. They are entitled to do that without anyone giving them a hard time about it.

I'm one of those that checks New Posts every day, so I'm seeing posts from all over TCS. Sometimes I think the topic is covered, sometimes, I have zero answers, sometimes the OP says things that make me want to choke them so I say nothing at all because anything I could answer with would be a flame.
And I don't like trolls, so I try not to act like one.

Because I don't answer every post I read, I guess I can't get upset when not all (how many members do we have??) people here stop in to post something on one of my threads. I'm happy with a high number of views - then I know I didn't post in vain.

Moofi, if I were you, I'd be feeling pretty satisfied with this particular thread about now.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's in the Health forum, and I don't have much to add then I won't post. It's not to offend the OP, I just don't have anything to add or I'm not familiar enough with the topic to say anything that is intelligent. Other posts I just read for a good laugh (the nut and gnome threads). The majority of the time it's because I'm at work and I have a call come through.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on the topic for me.

I don't do well with topics dealing with ailing, lost or dead animals, and those types of threads make me sad to the point that I cry
I'm still "sick" over that poor cute little kitten Lex who was having seizures and died
And my eyes still tear up when I think about him
So I now tend to avoid those threads for the most part. I know people need the support the most at that time, but emotionally I just don't have it to give

My favourite forum here is the picture forum, and I check it out often in the day and have even passed along links to friends who are now browsing the pictures there, but don't post. I usually post in those threads, but not always, but you can be sure that I've looked at the pictures and ooo'ed and awww'ed my way through every single one of them!!!!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get upset also.But, sometimes when I read things,I don't have the answers for the questions..............so I don't post.I just figure the same thing for my posts.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel. It does suck but just think that maybe if people didn't care, they wouldn't look

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What can I say that hasn't already been said?
First of all, yes I do feel a little disappointed if there are only a few replies to my posts. That is human nature. However, I don't always reply to posts either so how can I fault someone for not replying to mine.

When I go to the Behavior and Health Forums it is primarily to learn and find out what issues other people have with their cats. I don't have enough knowledge to give valid replies to many of the posts there. In other forums I may read but if I have nothing to add to what has already been posted I probably will not post. The exception would be someone badly in need of support and vibes. Then I will probably add my support. I would appreciate it if others did that for me so it seems only right that I offer support when needed.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure it hurts my feelings if nobody replies, but I don't think it's possible for everybody to respond to each and every thread. there is just not enough time in the day for that.
or someone has said something and they don't want to repeat it or they don't know what to say in the thread.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There have been several references to the health forum. I don't go there often, but I go to the kitten forum a lot. If there is a post that seems like it really needs a quick response, or has been overlooked for advice, I'll try to post. Then I use the "report post" button to report it to the mods. After all, they can't monitor every post, but if the rest of us let them know, they will be sure someone posts to help out.

This is a GREAT thread idea...almost like therapy!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

It depends on the topic for me.

I don't do well with topics dealing with ailing, lost or dead animals, and those types of threads make me sad to the point that I cry
I'm still "sick" over that poor cute little kitten Lex who was having seizures and died
And my eyes still tear up when I think about him
So I now tend to avoid those threads for the most part. I know people need the support the most at that time, but emotionally I just don't have it to give
Lex was my little foster kitten. I am glad he is still remembered
That just made my night. I miss that little guy soo much! It was sooo pitaful to watch him just pass on and then to have little Keiko go through the same thing within a week of loosing Lex. It really helped a lot to have the love and support of everyone on TCS! Sometimes fostering can be rough. Thanks for not fortetting about little Lex.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Lex was my little foster kitten. I am glad he is still remembered
That just made my night. I miss that little guy soo much! It was sooo pitaful to watch him just pass on and then to have little Keiko go through the same thing within a week of loosing Lex. It really helped a lot to have the love and support of everyone on TCS! Sometimes fostering can be rough. Thanks for not fortetting about little Lex.
I didn't forget Lexie! He is TCS's pretty boy in pink.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to read everything, but there are a lot of threads where I honestly can't think of a single thing to say. I'm terrible at offering condolences or sympathy, and there's only so many "so sorry for your loss" or "I hope you're feeling better" that I want to read in a thread, so I don't add my own even though I might sincerely mean it. If it's a thread seeking advice, I only reply if I think I have something useful to say that hasn't been said already -- and only if I think my advice actually would be helpful in that situation. I can spout off on a bazillion topics, but I hate giving bad advice because if you do that once, people are less likely to take your good advice seriously. As for the IMO threads, I find a lot of the topics -- while interesting -- are on subjects about which I know very little, like the Mark Foley case. I pay attention to the news, but some of the things that are hot topics in the States aren't as talked about here in Canada, and I consider myself too uninformed to offer up an opinion. I also hold back when I know that I can't say anything nice or polite, like for the people saying they have no desire to spay or neuter their cats, or who refuse to accept that their actions have consequences. If someone's post seriously ticks me off so much that the only thing I can say would contain a long series of curse words or I'd have to start my own post with "Listen, you blithering idiot," I just keep my mouth shut.

As for how I feel when only three people (or nobody at all) respond to my posts ... Yeah, I'll admit, it kind of bugs me, especially when I'm looking for help or advice. I just try to remind myself that I won't post if I don't have anything helpful to say, so why should other people post if they don't have anything to contribute?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on the thread. I don't get too discouraged because I know somethings don't interest everyone like they do me or they have never had experience with what I am asking!