How do you pronounce PHX?

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How I pronounce it isn't written in the poll either. I tend to think of it as something like Fibb-ix. I know it makes no sense :p

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok. Poll ends today.. The correct way to say PHX is............

Phoenix

He is named PHX because he came from a PHX animal shelter orginally. I actually got him from a lady that adopted him from this animal shelter. And this is just what she decided to name him!

I want to say thanks to everyone that voted.... and ummm to everyone that didn't vote- WELL. You should have! LOL.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

Phoenix

He is named PHX because he came from a PHX animal shelter orginally. I actually got him from a lady that adopted him from this animal shelter. And this is just what she decided to name him!

I want to say thanks to everyone that voted.... and ummm to everyone that didn't vote- WELL. You should have! LOL.
But where does the N sound come in? Back when the Aussie rock group INXS came out, I figured that one out the first time I heard it.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

But where does the N sound come in? Back when the Aussie rock group INXS came out, I figured that one out the first time I heard it.
I can't speak for mybabyphx but PHX is the 3 letter airport abbreviation for Phoenix, just like PDX is for "Portland"...like Bonnie alluded to.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

Phoenix

So it's spelled PHX but pronounced Phoenix? I bet that's fun to explain.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
INXS has been my all time favorite band ever since i was able to listen to music.......i still have shabooh shabah on tape.........

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in Arizona in a suburb of Phoenix... So everyone here already knows that PHX is the abbreviation for Phoenix,AZ. And plus when I say his name outloud I don't say "P. H. X." I say Phoenix.. it's just spelt weird