How do you play with you cat?

melhammouche

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My husband and I hide behind our couches and act as if we're trying to prey on Mia until she pounces and we roll around on the floor together. Then we chase each other all the way through the house. I'll chase her, she'll chase me.

Do you do the same? Do you use toys? What do you do?

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep, I play hide and seek with them. I use the laser pointer, too. Sugar really likes chasing the bright red bug. I play fetch with the furry mice toys, and "you bet your fingers" with them sometimes when they are in the windowsill behind the headboard.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 of those sticks with the feathers on them . Bella & Thunder just love them. Also I put 4 of their play mice in the back of a white lawn chairs and they have fun getting them out. I also throw a little ball ( small enough to carry in Bella's mouth ) and she will 'fetch it and I'll throw it again.

lilgreenastrid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Astrid's #1 favorite thing is a feathers-string-stick-style toy that our exchange student brought her from Japan. She doesn't play much in general, but she does love this toy and will give it her full attention for a good twenty minutes or so. She also likes bugs that sneak into the house and dust bunnies. Sometimes she'll play with her crinkly ladybug or rattling possum, too. She used to love the furry ferrets from PetsMart and the Play-and-Squeak electric squeaky mice, but I can't find them anymore. I'm going to order a new Play-and-Squeak MouseHunter: http://www.playnsqueak.com/products_mouse.html#mousehunter

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Abby will come up to me, arch her back and puff up, then run away. That means I am supposed to chase her. :lol3: She also likes me to throw small toys up in the air towards her.

bluebird gal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will play a little rougher with Si than my DH will .. in fact, he got 3 tiny little scratches on his calf the other day & you would have thought he had a major surgery .. while even a customer (when I handed him his credit card receipt to sign the other day) looked at my hands/arms & said "new kitten?"  

I play chase with Si through the house almost daily.  So funny to dive on the bed & he's hot on your heels dancing sideways all bristled out.  My DH knows to sit still, or go outside if he doesn't want to be run over by the both of us. Haha!   

He also loves his squeaky mice on a string bouncing them inside of his crinkle tube, and playing hide & seek in a brown paper grocery sack.  We recently bought a laser toy too which we may play with a couple of times a week.  He is quite intense with the laser toy even for 2min worth of play. 

runekeeper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kip will sometimes bat around his toy mousey and do that thing where he grabs it, rolls around with it and kicks it with his back feet. Of course, I have absolutely no idea where he's put all his mousies - he had about 10 of them and I can't find a single one. But one of his favorite ways to play involves no toys at all. I'll put my finger near his face and he'll try to bite it or bat at it. I'm always faster than he is, but I let him catch my finger now and then so he feels like he wins. He'll bite my finger ever so gently (not that it matters because he lost half his teeth), and then let it go. Then I can get him really riled up where I'll poke him in the sides and he'll try to bite me. I used to think he was annoyed, but he purrs the whole time I do this.

After a while, he'll just bolt off somewhere. I have no idea why he finds this amusing, but it's fun to do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

melhammouche

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hahaha these are the best replies I could have hoped for :D

Mia has what we call "batcave" which is an tiny area between the couches and she dragges all her toys inside there to enjoy later.

And bluebird gal, what is it with cats and bags! Mia will find any bag, paper bag, handbag (even plastic bags she drags out of the bin :( so we had to start taking them straight outside)
Anywho she'll get inside the bag and just sit there very happy with her new bed (sometimes shell meow at you until you pick the bag up and walk around with it)

bluebird gal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL .. I don't know!   But every single cat my family owned while growing up, and Si is certainly the same, love, loves the brown paper sack.  He hides in there and grabs ankles on the way by.  And of course, boxes of any size. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Pretty much every night, we get Da Bird out and all the cats will join in, even our older cats like Da Bird. We play for about an hour or so. It's good for them to get all the playing out of their system. We have a good snack then we all go to bed.

Tabby has a wee little mousie, called Pinky, that she loves to chase around. She likes me to throw Pinky high in the air, then she'll chase after it.

BooBoo will dig in their toy box to find certain toys, bring them out, and then bat them around the house. I like to roll balls throughout the kitchen for the cats to chase them....they don't bring them back to me though!