How do you pack and store your raw food?

abby2932

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I also feed it cold, straight from the fridge. I'm sure my cats would prefer it mouse-body temperature but I don't want them to be too high maintenance for when i need my cat sitter to feed them, it is relatively easy. As long as the cats  eat the food and are able to keep it down there should be no problem feeding it this way. 

ftmba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has anyone tried mini ice cube trays? I've seen some on Amazon and BB&B that are 1/2 inch cubes. This would be similar in size, perhaps a little bigger, to Primal Pronto and NVI Raw bites, hopefully something that can be scooped and thawed in a few minutes. The idea would be to store these mini food cubes in a ziploc freezer bag or otherwise easy to scoop container.

I've kind of fallen in love with scoop and thaw, not sure I can go back to planning ahead of time haha :)

Last edited:

da hoomin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Malý, her brother Hezký and I are just about to embark on the home-made food adventure.

I absolutely love the ice cube tray idea! Wouldn't you want to pop the cubes into a ziplock freezer bag after the cubes are frozen to prevent freezer-burn?

Regarding "mouse-body" warm. I don't think people realize how FAST a body loses it's warm once it dies. Especially such a small body!

When I was feeding 5.5 oz cans [or larger,] I'd take the chill off the refrigerated left-overs, but not actually warm them. [3 oz is enough for the 2 of them combined for one meal.]

Malý and Hezký will not eat warm food at all. They give me a dirty look and wait for a minute until it cools. 

Thanks for all the great storage ideas!

EDIT: Oh! I see some of the cube trays come with a lid! 

Last edited: