How do you name your cats?

ndwire89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sugar (seal point siamese) - My mother got her when I was around 3 years old so I don't really remember the naming process. We had her for 15 years before she passed.

Sachi (chow) - My first dog. I don't know why this was her name, but it fit. (: We had her for about 14 years before she passed.

Nala (chow/boxer) - One of Sachi's puppies. I was about 12 and Lion King was still my favorite movie - Nala being my favorite character. She got out of the house one day and we haven't seen her since. This was about 6 years ago.

Spencer (chow/?) -Another one of Sachi's puppies. He was named after Spencer W. Kimble, a prophet in the Mormon church. My mother is Mormon. Her dog, her name lol. They still have him. He's about 8. now (:

Sophie (miniature dauschound) - My uncle gave her to me and my first thought was she was so sweet and dainty. I named her the sweetest and dantiest name I could think of (: I ended up having to get rid of her because she kept biting my newborn.

Syren (Alaskan malamute) - I named her this because she howled very loudly, very often. I changed the spelling for my own need to be unique.

Sweet Pea (dsh) - My mother's cat. She was named this because she is probably the sweetest kitty in the world.

Saydee (bengal) - The first kitty that has mine. This was her name when I got her, but I really think it suits her. (:

8furballs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Chloe- I wanted something Greek and the name just 'fit".

Uno- He has a one going down the front of his face.

Bubba- He was big and "the bully" of the litter.

Little Man- He acted like such a 'Little Man' when he was kitten.

Mustache Man- He literally has a mustache (see my pics if you don't believe me)

G Money- He has a goatee. But Goatee Man really didn't sound right..

Stormy- She is gray and reminded me of a rain cloud.

Lacey- (No longer with us) She had some white on her chest that reminded us of lace.

Snickerdoodle- Snickers for short....she reminded us of a candy bar but Snickers was too common.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, I met a gray longhair at a shelter named Snickers. It was the first in a long line of cats named after foods there LOL.