How do you keep your cats out of the trash!!!!

caitini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I keep mine in a cupboard under the sink and use a bungee cord on the cupboard handle, tied to the dishwasher handle, so they can't open one without opening the other. Which they haven't (yet!) been able to do. The "childproofing" lock I tried first was knocked open within minutes!

peggy sawyer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
People have to be REALLY careful using an orange oil. If the product has real orange (or other citrus) essential oil, it can kill an animal, if he ingests even a small amount.  If it's just a scented oil, fine. I have the exact same problem with my kitty, Spacey,  that you all have ~ and am still looking for a solution. I am going to try the rocks and windex and hope that works. My rooms are all small and I have to leave my garbages out except for the kitchen one, which he doesn't get into because it's behind a door. It's the bedroom ones, with tissues, etc. that he likes to rip up that he's into all the time. Then, he rips up the bags. Little crapper! ;) Oranges or other citrus fruit peals might work but anything with essential oils, which are highly concentrated may make a cat very sick or even kill it.  So ~ read, carefully.  :)