How Do You Handle Anger?

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've learnt to breath through my anger though sometimes I just decide to let it out- people who consistantly wind me know that they can only push me so far

A deep breath and a relaxed manner can get you through most things imho

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

LOL!!!
Yea I use to go kickboxing too...I was so relaxed back then because I could kick and punch all the anger out of me.

But that place closed and there isn't anything by me, so the elliptical will do..

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really get angry very often -- more often than not, I'm actually frustrated and irritated. Actually, thinking about it, I can't remember the last time I was really and truly angry, but I can think of a lot of times when I felt irritated or frustrated.

When I'm irritated, I talk about it. At length. I'm like a pitbull -- I grab hold of the topic and don't let go, and I worry at it until I've worked out my frustration. I'll also go for a walk, or write about it in my journal, or vent about it on Facebook (unless it's something I don't want "out there" for everyone to see). Mostly, though, I talk and complain. J tries to "solve" whatever is frustrating me, but I don't want to be given solutions -- I just want to vent, and I'll work it out on my own.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

Your sister is very wise as this is true. There is a book I read that tells you more about that - it is called The Four Agreements. http://www.miguelruiz.com/fouragreements.html...
Wow, that is great! The second one is really dead-on, and a great way to think about thing!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im not the one to advise. I have anger problems galore. When I get angry I do all of the wrong things... I yell, I cuss, I scream, I cry, I get snotty, etc. I really need to work on that. Sometimes to chill myself out I go for a drive (that is if Im not completely angry, I may drive to aggressive otherwise), I'll go sit at the lake and think things over, or I'll lock myself in a room just to get away from it all. I think people who maintain their anger are great, I wish it was as easy for me... Must be something in my genes.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try not to talk to anyone for at least several minutes if I am really angry. If I do, I am likely to yell and/or say something I don't mean. Having some time to calm down is really important to me. After that I can think and speak rationally.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on the situation. If I'm at work, I just tell the offender to walk away and they usually know they've mad me so mad I just can't look at them without wanting to hit them with the nearest object so they leave me alone for 10-15 minutes and I vent to myself, come back and am fine...until I leave then DH hears everything and has to deal with one angry wife. I think I'm like a cat. If I can't get to the thing that I want to attack, I'll redirect my aggression to another poor source that had nothing to do with it. If it's dear dh that makes me mad, or one of my friends they know that they better leave me alone and let me vent it away, or take the brunt of my anger head on and hope to come out alive.(figureatively speaking of course) Over the years I've learned to let things roll off my back, but only for so long. Then it builds up, and if I'm to that point, well sucks to be you, because you crossed the wrong person. And my mouth just goes and goes and I push any and all buttons.
Gosh I feel like a nut job now. I think I need therapy......

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Yea I use to go kickboxing too...I was so relaxed back then because I could kick and punch all the anger out of me.

But that place closed and there isn't anything by me, so the elliptical will do..
I
the elliptical. I have a gym membership and that is all I use. It has a TV on it and I plug in my headphones and before I know it an hour has passed. I wish I could get a really nice elliptical for my home, they are so expensive!
Kickboxing sounds awesome