How do you fix your hair?

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since my stylist talked me into going mostly blonde (she highlights with foil), I have never had so many compliments on my hair.

And since I spend so much money to have my stylist do this, I spend about 10-15 minutes on my hair every morning.
I blow dry it, then flat iron it. My hair is naturally straight, but if I don't use the flat iron, it tends to fall a bit oddly for my liking.

Mind you, the shadows in this pic make my roots look hideously dark, but they are not. And please ignore the bangs making their home on top of my glasses. It's the most recent pic I have of myself, and it was just a quick shot for pregnancy-related purposes, lol. Just thought I'd share the color and straight-effect.

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
mine's darkblond and fine. i get a perm once a year so the combs etc hold in it. that's about it.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have super long beyond thick hair with a mind of its own. Depending on my mood sometimes I toss in some gel and hairspray and scrunch it cuz my hair holds curl really well. Othertimes I take the 1.5+ hour to dry and straighten my hair...Its too thick for a flat iron cuz I dont have the patience to do it right, I use my curling iron to straighten it and it works just as well as a flat iron. Im growing out my bangs too but they were long enough when I cut them to toss behind my ear so now they are barely noticable. Ill admit 99% of the time though I grab two metal free hair ties and toss my hair up into a poofie. Otherwise to leave my hair down makes my neck deathly hot and I cant stand that. If Im feeling really good for the day I might actually brush my hair but most times I try to only use shampoo and no conditioner so I dont agitate my psoriasis, with the winter almost here it gets really bad and itchy, if I dont use conditioner it is more tolerable.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

Wash and go.

Oh wait, I do run my fingers through it once or twice after I wash it, but that's it.
I comb it with a wide tooth comb when I first get out of the shower, but I normally just let it air dry and I run my fingers through it a couple times as it dries. My hair is fairly straight, but when allowed to air dry does get some funky curves to it, so if we have someplace nice to go and I want my hair really straight, then I will blow dry it, but that is maybe a couple/few times per year, if that.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have long, thick, straight auburn hair, with bangs. It doesn't hold a curl (unless I have a perm, and I refuse to spend that much money on my hair), so it's pretty much comb, straighten the bangs, and I'm done.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

I have long, thick, straight auburn hair, with bangs. It doesn't hold a curl (unless I have a perm, and I refuse to spend that much money on my hair), so it's pretty much comb, straighten the bangs, and I'm done.
I'm sooooo jealous!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have long dark hair that reaches just below the middle of my back. I either just wear it down or throw it up in a ponytail/half-bun thing.

I dont have the patience or Girl 101 skills to do my hair well. I dont get up early enough in the morning to style before work, and my hair frizzes in the lab because of the acid fumes.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

I comb it with a wide tooth comb when I first get out of the shower, but I normally just let it air dry and I run my fingers through it a couple times as it dries. My hair is fairly straight, but when allowed to air dry does get some funky curves to it, so if we have someplace nice to go and I want my hair really straight, then I will blow dry it, but that is maybe a couple/few times per year, if that.
That's me. I used to have my hair really long - like Carolina describes her hair
It was always somewhere between shoulder-blade length and sitting on it - I always would grow it out to chop it off for locks of love. Always just a straight cut.

Last year I went from sitting on it to shoulder length. I let it grow for a year and then last week cut it back to shoulder length again. I toss it up in a pony tail if I'm cleaning or it's windy. I blow dry it if we have to go to a biz meeting - that's maybe once every month or two.

I've never died it or used gel or anything. I have a curling iron - I don't know why or when I got it!