How Do You Find Homes For Your Adult Semi Feral Needs Work Cats?

tinyshelper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have two semi-feral boys that I need to relocate. They are not tame, but they are not completely feral and are not fairing well outside. They rely on me for food.

They are both neutered and vaccinated. They will both need a lot of taming, but they both show signs of being handled at one time.

I am unemployed and live with family that do not appreciate me trying to help them. Some people don't understand.

Anyway. How do you find homes for them? They won't be easy cats ever and I don't know who to even turn to.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's very difficult to find homes for semi feral cats. Your best bet would be to try and relocate them as barn cats. There are barn cat relocation programs throughout California. Try Googling the ones in your area and see if they will accept these two boys.

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have two semi-feral boys that I need to relocate. They are not tame, but they are not completely feral and are not fairing well outside. They rely on me for food.

They are both neutered and vaccinated. They will both need a lot of taming, but they both show signs of being handled at one time.

I am unemployed and live with family that do not appreciate me trying to help them. Some people don't understand.

Anyway. How do you find homes for them? They won't be easy cats ever and I don't know who to even turn to.
Our local radio station (we only have one) has a pet section with their community announcements. I found homes for all my extra's that way, along with talking to friends. I sometimes get dumped cats, people just drive by and dump them out the car. If they don't get run over they often show up looking for friends and food. I had one dumped off that was very pregnant. I provided her a safe place to have her kittens. In the meantime she caused a lot of trouble for the rest because she was extremely defensive of her kittens and got into giant fights with all the other cats. After a few weeks of advertising (it's free here by the way) I found them all a new home. Someone had bought a country house that had been vacant for a number of years and they needed an army of cats to clean it up. So they took her and all 4 of her kittens. A hungry mom mousing for her kittens and teaching them how to do it was a real problem solver for them. There are many many working cats out there. They provide a service in exchange for a little food and a safe place to sleep. They don't need constant attention, after all they work for a living. Out of town people are always on the look out for good working cats. Advertise them as that and they will find good homes.