How do you feel about...

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

Still, I rather see a man nude than a woman, I see enough of a woman when I look in the mirror.
Interesting... I find naked women (in a non-sexual way) much more attractive than named men

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand what you are saying, we do have more to bring to the table, so to speak than a man. We are feminine and carry ourselves very differently than the male but still, I would be embarresed to see a naked woman, men is another story tho unless they are standing on the corner flashing, I wouldn't like that tho.,lol

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i used to be a lot more paranoid about it. doing the "don't let anyone see me" dance while changing in the locker room. then i went to college. lived in a dorm for 2 years, where there are community showers (separated for the sexes obviously) and i kind of got over it. going to the gym and changing in the locker room doesn't phase me.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Interesting... I find naked women (in a non-sexual way) much more attractive than named men
I would have to agree there.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not paranoid about it, but I dont think it acceptable to 'throw' yourself in front of other people - lets face it, how do they know how others might feel about it.
I would say it rude to behave in a way that might be considered offensive or embarrassing to others. OK they may be fine with nudity but that is not to say everyone else is.
I prefer a private cubicle but if is communal then fair enough.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It makes me very uncomfortable to change in front of people, so I just use the nearest bathroom to change.

catfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It doesn't really bother me. I walk naked from the shower to the locker because I'd rather put the towel around my hair than my body. I dry off before leaving the shower, though, to avoid flashing anyone. Also I am an early riser so there are usally only one or two other ladies present. However, the "lotion situation" would make me uncomfortable!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I am not bothered by other naked women, but I cannot do it myself.
I don't have much confidence in myself.
Well I used to feel this way too, and I'm very self-conscious of my body. Then only a couple of years ago, I started swimming lots and for some reason just felt fine with being nude in the change room. It was very liberating! Everyone wanders around naked here, the only ones using the private change rooms are the teen girls.

Originally Posted by Leli

I think people need to get over this idea that nudity is wrong/unnatural. I used to always see older ladies walking around in the pool changeroom nude and it never bothered me. It certainly didn't bother them.
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I don't have a problem with nudity in public, as long as it's not me.
Seeing women in changing rooms is a reminder how people don't look like models.
I think it's very healthy to see the huge range of shapes/sizes/skin that women have in real life. All we usually see are models and that totally distorts our view of a normal woman's body.

I have to say, I'm really surpised by how many people here are uncomfortable with this!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still get nervous if I am some where like a gym or a swimming pool. There aren't rules that say you have to be nude, it's just by choice. Besides women are so cinical of eachother I would be worried about what they were thinking in their head. However, I would love to go to a nude beach some time where people are accepting and very non judgemental. I would feel comfortable there and it would be fun!

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't walk around a changing room completely naked myself as I am a bit self conscious about my body but I'm not bothered if other people do.

Originally Posted by pushylady

I have to say, I'm really surpised by how many people here are uncomfortable with this!
Me too. There's nothing dirty or wrong about the human body. If it's somewhere like a communal changing room at a gym there are going to be naked bodies because you have to take your clothes off to change/shower etc. Sure you can try to hold towels over body parts if you feel uncomfortable but I don't think anyone should feel they have to. Not in that sort of environment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Sprawling...there was was nekkid sprawling!!!

A regular nude body standing there..thats okay...but sprawling?

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

God, I don't even like to see men in spandex.... who wants to see that?!
Put it away! I don't need or want to see the size, shape or outline of anyone else's private parts.... male or female.
I am fine with discretion, or even the time/place thing, if your on a nude beach fine you chose to go there.... but at a normal public/communal place it's unecessary.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

OK, the sprawling I could definitely live without!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Naked at home is one thing, around strangers...I don't think so. I will however breast feed in public.