How do you exercise your cats?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I wouldn't call Cats Meow a miracle product, but it is fun for the cats.  There is a less expensive version at Wal-Mart.  Our batteries last for a few months, but we only use it for maybe 30 minutes, a few times per week.  Not sure how long it would last if being used more often.

I didn't worry about hex bugs being eaten until you just said that, haha!  I definitely will not let them play with it unsupervised from now on.  Not sure that they would try to swallow it, because even feeling the vibration on their paws makes them run away (until they come back for more, of course).  I don't think I would ever use the bigger ones with the wire antennae though.
lol! That's good to know about the Cat's Meow though. I might have to look into it! There are lots of times when neither of us have much time to play, so the cats aren't entirely tuckered out yet, but we have to be sitting at our computers for a few hours so having that as an option would be great.

My diabetic cat has mild peripheral neuropathy in his hind legs. He can race up the first 2/3s of the stairs no problem. By the time he gets near the top though, it's "more up, more up" (to quote the Vicar of Dibley). We exercise his hind legs by putting a few treats in a window sill several times a day. If he wants the treats, he has to make the jump.
Aww! One of ours will chase and scope out treats, but the other seems more interested in direct play and things moving really fast. I wish we had stairs in our apartment (my boyfriend wouldn't though, he moved all the stuff in with a buddy while I was in class, haha) - it would get all of us slightly more active, and it'd give the cats' workout a bit of an oomph to make the leaps.