How do YOU define "friendship"? (rant/long)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

And nothings happend during your friendship to make her want to end it like that?. It just seems odd to cut ties like she has for no reason?. But, people do change, and they do move one, but what Katie said below is very true.

Don't be bitter though, because you still have some good memories with her
No reason - I really think she feels she has found more hip and cool people to hang with and I am dealing with things in my life that have no relation to hers... or so she thinks. This is a guess on my part. I would never have figured her to be so shallow. OR I did say or do something that really crushed the relationship w/o knowing and she is too chicken to talk to me about it and would rather just dump than discuss. This also goes with her personality. But as I said, she is very forgiving of other people in her life who have treated her like crap, so I guess I don't rate. Which is why I would never let her back into my life.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

When I say little sister, I am mostly referring to the age difference. She and I were good pals. And frankly, I don't want her back. I agree that her answer was curt - she and I are both professional writers. So use of words mean a lot to both of us. She chose what she said very carefully - it took her two or three days to respond which means she thought about this. A nasty fight or dispute I could understand, but just deciding to pull the plug and dump someone? ( Oh well, we are just not compatible anymore- Poof.). It is a bunch of baloney. Hey, if she had been thinking about this for a while, she certainly didn't say NO to a trip to NYC!

Like I said in the original post, at least one of these college chums plays her for a fool all of the time; another uses her as a free babysitter.

I have to wonder if she just found other, more "cool" people to hang with who are probably using her, as well. She has always wanted to be "cool." It seems from her Facebook page that that is the case. It is juvenile behavior. It is like she is trying to recapture her teenage life. And she will be 34 years old. Oh, well. Her problem.
Dont be so mad. People go thought this stuff!
She will figure out people are using her, nothing you can do about that now. Bird has to fly, or fall.
I hope you will still be there for her when she realizes she fell, and help.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

No reason - I really think she feels she has found more hip and cool people to hang with
I've got two sets of close friends who i go out with, including Fiona who's a good friend and member here who also lives beside me. All of them are different, but i could never drop one if them because of that if that's her reason