How do you check to make sure all your cats are counted for?

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by mzjazz2u
All I have to do to make sure everyone is accounted for is go in the bathroom. They will all follow me in there!
ROTFLMAO!! That's one way to do it! The way I round mine up is I stand anywhere in the house and with the highest pitch I can muster, I yell, "TWEETS" ( treats) and they come running out of the woodwork, LOL!!

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have one cat. I don't have to check her whereabouts simply because she always seems to have to know where I am!! It's almost as if I'm on constant supervision!!!

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 5 cats:
Berkley is always wherever I am so she is hard not to find

Sterling is usually laying in the middle of the floor on his back with his belly ready to be rubbed.

Coco is usually on the top level of the cat tree, she is the hardest to find, she likes to hide under beds and sofas and she is black so she isn't easy to see find if she is hiding.

Sasha is a little busy body. He doesn't hide, just plays in every place imaginable. When he sleeps he lays right in the middle of the floor so he is easy to find

Peaches is in her own room so she can't go too far.

If I need to find all of them at once, I go to the kitchen and rattle the food dishes and they all come running instantly.

Oh, about thier names, I noticed not too long ago that all five of them have different sounding names. They all "end" with different sounds as opposed to all ending in EY for example

berkl-EY
sterl-ING
sash-A
coc-O
peach-ES

Good idea about making up thier birthdays! I will do that tonight. I have an idea of about what time of year they were all born!

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two kitties, and soon it will be three.

Russell is usually on the leather couch snoozing. Esper is usually in the same room as me snoozing.

Though, sometimes they do find the Feline Bermuda Triangle of the house and disappear for hours despite how much searching I do. I simply head to the pantry and grab a treat can and they come running. Or another good one is to open the front door. They always have to see me off as I head out.

Russell was born 11th of January 2002.
Esper was born in September 2003. I picked her up from the vet surgery and they estimated that she was four months of age. So her birthday is 1st of September. That way I know that it won't be a belated celebration.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by kimward34
ROTFLMAO!! That's one way to do it! The way I round mine up is I stand anywhere in the house and with the highest pitch I can muster, I yell, "TWEETS" ( treats) and they come running out of the woodwork, LOL!!

LMAO!! The other way I take attendance is to go in the kitchen and pop the top of a can of wet cat food!
They all come running!

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by mzjazz2u
LMAO!! The other way I take attendance is to go in the kitchen and pop the top of a can of wet cat food!
They all come running!
Ya know... we could probably be room mates - ROTFLMAO!!!

jmvito

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In my house, it's easy to count tails --- just walk to the kitchen and they come running.