How do You blow off Steam?/Suggestions wanted asap

prissykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Usually when I get mad I cry and sleep alot. Not that either of the two help. I am a very umm...non-violent person and I try as hard as I can to avoid getting mad in the first place. One thing that does help is talking about it. I will call a friend or my husband, sometimes even my mom. It helps me get it off my chest and feel better.

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to shoot, but I don't go around guns when I'm ticked off, out of policy. this is partially becaise I shoot a 44 mag, and the bullets are really freaking expensive, the other part is that I'm afraid with my temper I'll shoot something not meant to be shot :/

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am into gardeing pretty heavy and I weed when mad/upset pretending the weeds are what I'm mad at!! Works pretty well.

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I throw things and swear alot. And then find a friend to talk to. Since it most often happens at work, my friends and I have developed a therapy session at lunch where we all get to gripe about anything bothering us.

As for your sister...I agree with warning her, then hanging up on her. My sister used to take advantage of me cause she knew I would always run for my nephews. So she'd call last minute saying she had an emergancy at work, then come home with shopping bags. I finally decided to make a New Years resolution. It was the Year of Sandy. I didn't do anything that wasn't conducive to MY wellbeing. If my sister needed a babysitter, she had to schedule with me 2 weeks in advance. And if I didn't feel like doing it, I said no. When she needed to borrow something, she always expected me to drop it off and pick it up. Now, she comes to get it, and I expect it back within a certain time limit in GOOD condition. If it is broken, she is to repair it or buy me a new one. I learned that trick after she ruined my 50th Anniversary edition Wizard of Oz.

Yes, blood is thicker than water, but you need to learn that blood doesn't mean YOU are the one to bleed each time.

Sandy

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just take a baseball bat to either a punching bag or an archery target and beat the crap out of it. Really gets your anger out. Use a wooden bat though, the aluminum ones tend to dent a bit, and then you'll have to go buy a new one which will just make you even more mad.

Later,
Brandon