How do they push your buttons?

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Samwise likes to decide when I'm going to get up...his favorite time is around 2am on Saturday, he doesn't do that the rest of the week prefering to sleep in until 6:30 when the alarm goes off but every Saturday without fail, I have Samwise crying at the top of his lungs.

Gandalf on the other hand refuses to bury anything in the litter box which gets quite stinky but on top of it likes to stratch whatever available surfaces surrounds the litter box. I have two cover litter boxes and one uncovered...he scratches the wall next to the uncovered which means, I'm either replacing it with a covered box or getting rid of it, I haven't decided yet.

altzarina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When she sits on my lap and rips the buttons off my shirt. hehe...thats like one step ahead of pushing my buttons.

Anyway, apart from that when she jumps on my study table and attacks my books. Till now she has torn a couple of books already. I gotta start training her soon and also keep my books in my drawer.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are hilarious!

My kitties are very good at pushing my buttons some days. Lucky is my big talker and she would drive me nuts by going downstairs and crying and crying and when you would go to see what was wrong she would be all happy like "oh there you are" duh! Now she's taught rambo to do that too...so they will both go charging into the basement and then cry and cry and cry until i come and find them. And then they'll go back to playing!

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hang my socks to dry on the radiators, and Alfie and I had a game last week of seeing who could put them up/pull them off quicker. We were sat side by side, and each time I put the sock on the radiator, he reached up and clawed it back onto the floor - this went on for ages!

Alfie also knows not to scratch the sofa, and I know he knows it's not a scratching post because he only does it to get my attention, and as soon as I look round he legs it off in full on psycho kittie mode!

Max is a little sweetie

carla

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, I have the drying clothes issue too ! while I'm hanging them up, kiki pulls them off the clothes horse. If I've hung the washing up the night before, I'll get up the next mornign to find half of it on the floor !

Also, whenever I replace the cat litter, kiki comes along and uses it straight away. Every single time ! she hangs around me until I put the tray back down and the second it's on the floor, she's in it !

rinadaventry

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When they start playing chase games, all previously learned house rules go out the window. They tear down the stairs, leap onto and off of furniture- including furniture I'm on, occasionally landing me with a cat to the stomach and knocking the wind out of me for the millisecond he's there. They also dart onto and off of furniture. For a college student, I have some really nice items- including a signed 1st edition of the second Harry Potter book. They knocked it off the small bookcase its on, along with the bookends, and one of the bookends put a big long paint scratch on one of the cover pages. True, its not the signed page, but now the book isn't mint. Sigh. My bitter consolation was that the bookend also hit his paw and now he lives in fear of the bookcase.

maratwc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Marat will dig in the litter box when he needs to pee until he gets to the very bottom, then pee. When he covers it back up with litter, it then forms a sheet of cat litter cemented to the litter box. I have tried different litters and different amounts of it, thinking if he has more he won't do this. But every time he goes, he excavates all the litter out, no matter how much, and does the same thing. I threaten to take him back to petsmart and put him back in the glass box for adoption where I got him, but he knows I'm bluffing.