how do i walk away

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockinrhonda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DragonLady

Hi Rhonda,

I have a bit of advice that you may or may not find helpful. I may even get a bit of flack from others that do not feel as I do. There is a book "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" that has really helped me put things into perspective. Stop looking for what you don't have, and consentrate on what you do have.

You say that you both stopped drinking and you think he may have started again. Are you both going to AA? Are you getting into any sort of support group? (Besides us silly!)

Things to think about:

If you feel he isn't as close to you as he used to be, what have you done to make him want to be closer?

Have you told him how much he means to you?

Is there something he likes to do and does well? Do you give him compliments about it?

Have you done anything to make him feel important to you?

If he was abusive, refused to work, or is cheating then by all means leave, but if you are just bored, or you fel you need to change him to make you happy...

Try to remember what it was that caused you to fall in love with him in the first place, try to recreate the romance, work on the marraige, surprise him with a love note in his lunch or a candle lit dinner. Whisper naughty things over the phone and giggle like a school girl telling him to hurry home. If you lift his spirits he will in turn be the man you want him to be and he will fall over trying to please you. Super clean the house and add scented candles for a romantic scene for when he comes home, maybe put on something slinky... (cats in a seperate room from candles)

Ok, I'm done
ive been sober 4 years now on april 23/2001 i really don't go to A.A anymore but still talk to friends in the program Ron got back this moring from winstom salem going to talk to him after mom goes back to florida and see if we can go to counelsing

yes and i do think the nite shift had alot to do with things i talked to one of my bosses yesturday day about maybe going on more day shifts cause when summer gets here my shifts will be later like 12 midnite right now its around 9pm when i get home and some 7pm shifts being that im a manager im expected to be there later during the summer my exboss from barefoot golf resort called the other day about me comming back in june when the new restraunt opens maybe that will work out for me if not im going to look for opitions for a day time job ive got to do something

thanks everyone you guys have helped me more then you'll ever know

rhonda