How Do I Start Introducing A Feral Cat To My Other 2 Cats And How Do I Potty Train It?

kittyfan101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you remember my last thread I had talked about how my mom didn't want to take a feral cat that we named Charlie into our house. It seems, my mom has changed her position and wants to take Charlie into our house now that we have vaccinated him, and neutered him, and he had his surgery. Currently, my mom wants to let Charlie's surgery heal before we put in the house. But now we have 2 problems, we currently have 2 other cats and we're trying to figure out a way to get them to get along with each other. Both my 2 cats have seen Charlie for 2 years but they still hiss at time from time to time. Yesterday we put a screen door on our patio door and so far both my 2 cats Emily & Mose has hissed at Charlie. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get them to get along with each other, or at least get used to each other before we let him into the house? And the other question I have is how to potty trained Charlie. And about how long does it take for a feral cat to get used to potty training?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Regarding how long it'll take for your feral to start using a litter tray/box, there's no telling. It might be immediate, or not right away.
Some people have reported good results with a sandy litter and also with putting some potting soil into the litter.

Although your feral may not be a kitten there are a number of things in this article that may help;
How To Train Kittens To Use The Litter Box

How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide

Do Cats Get Jealous? (and What To Do About It When They Do)

And, just in case you need it,
How To Fix An Unsuccessful Cat Introduction