How do i reduce my file size for a siggy?

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i have made my own siggy and have its dimensions at 700 x 150 at 72dpi-- the file size is over 500 KB-- can someone tell me what i need to do to reducemy file size to get it under 30kb? i am using macromedia suite and/or Microsoft Digital Imaging Suite 10. i did resize on Microsoft program and it only gives me pixel size, dpi and image size as options i can change.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok i got it down to 27KB (see siggy below) but i want it larger so you can actually see it. Help ANYONE? please!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a great program from xat.com called image optimizer, they give a free trial for 30 days. The sig in my banner was 52kb and I reduced to 23kb with little noticeable difference.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My suggestion would be to start the siggy out at 1100 x 300, put your cat's picture on it where the height deminsion is 300 pixels.
1st put on your blue background, then put the cats picture on top of that. Once you have it the way you want it, flatten the image, then downsize it to 550 x 150. Then put on your text. Flatten it again, and then save it for the web, so the byte size will be 30 bytes or less. That's how I do all of my siggys.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you want, you can send me your original sized siggy, and I'll save it for the web, using Photoshop. I'm sure it can be saved at a much larger size than your reduced version and still be much smaller than you have in bytes.

my email address is kissfan88 at sbcglobal dot net
substitute the word "at" for the "@" sign and the word "dot" for the "." and run it all together in small font.

Make sure it's a JPG

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok i think i got it-- is this too big ? its 30.89 kb-- do i need to reduce it more or what?

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thanks hope-- i got it too lol down to 19.4 kb the quality diminished a bit but is ok i think. Thanks for your help!

I appreciate it greatly