How do I move my mother cat and her kittens to a new spot and when/how is it best to check gender?

kittycatlovemew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thats okay. You deserve the kind words for careing for her instesd of abandoning her. I hppe the best :)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww! Thanks Kittycatlovemew! I also hope that they have forever homes and will be happy for ever and ever! Or I could just keep all of them... :woohoo:

i will upload more pictures when I can.
I think you should keep them all. 4 kitties isn't too hard to manage.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So many of you becoming mums. Congratulations to all of you and the beautiful babies. My 2 are boys and don't go out. Blighty needs to be neutered whisky was done.

karagraaf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure I can tell my boys from the girls at under a week old, is that possible or am I crazy? It's a pretty obvious "bump" on the boys back there (unless if that is actually something wrong with them and not what I think it is) .. I could show a picture.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mishkak

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us Stewball and Karagraaf!

They are getting really big! Just weighed them today. Muffins weighs 685 grams and he's the smallest! The middle brother weighs 760 grams and their sister, the oldest, weighs 780 grams. They are now 6.5 weeks old. They have also moved from a milk diet to a kitten can food one, however Muffins is still holding out. He still prefers milk...

Haven't taken any more pictures but when we do I will definitely put it up. (Sorry kittycatlovemew, I'm really neglecting you...)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blighty has been neutered safely.
Years ago some friends of mine's cat had kittens behind the sofa. They moved them to s special box they'd prepared but as you all realise she moved them back.
The kittens are beautiful. Keep them. I would.

shunra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Very, very cute.  I wouldn't keep them though - mother cats can end up really not wanting their babies around, just like human mothers!  Also kittens can take quite some time to finish feeding from their mother.  My 5-month old still suckles though it's comfort, Lola doesn't have any milk, but she was feeding them all until they were 14-15 weeks old.

Have you looked into when you can get the mother neutered?  She could come back into call any time now especially since two of the kittens are feeding less, and if she gets out you know what will happen...

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww! Thanks Kittycatlovemew! I also hope that they have forever homes and will be happy for ever and ever! Or I could just keep all of them... :woohoo:

i will upload more pictures when I can.
Keep them keep them then you'll know they'll have good homes and be happy ever after.
:clap:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are beautiful.
That is all I can say.
My blighty is beautiful but I got him sight unseen. He could have been an ugly little b----r and I'd still have kept him.
Yours could be photographed for cards and stuff. The