How Do I Leave Behind A Clinic Kitty?

ljtluvskitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm completing a practicum this week at a clinic that just began taking care of a very sick rescue kitty while I was there. She is over 10 and so affectionate. The problem is I can't adopt her because she needs the medical care she receives through the clinic - yet I feel as though I am the only one taking care of her while I am there and making sure she recieves love :( aka not locked in a room all day, weighed, fed, medicated etc. tomorrow is my last day, any advice on how to handle this situation? Will this cat miss me as well? My heart feels so sad...

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, and welcome to TCS :hithere::welcomesign:

I can totally understand not wanting to leave this sweet kitty behind. It sounds like she's in the right place for her health though. I would talk to the staff at this clinic, and get permisson to go visit kitty when you can. The worst they can do is say no ;) If her health improves, there's always the option of adoption in the future too.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:

I agree with Columbine Columbine , if you can, periodically visit her while she's getting medical care at the clinic. And then, when she's well, maybe you can adopt her. :hearthrob:

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are you friendly with any of your co-workers? Maybe when you say your goodbyes, you could share your worries with a friend there and ask them to keep a special eye out for your kitty friend.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
Is there any way you can express your concerns to a supervisor?
And as mentioned, maybe be able to adopt in the future?
Ah, and I see that this is your last day, what happened?

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agreeing with furballsmom here. If you feel the cat won't be cared for properly, talk to a supervisor. They may take action if they know *you* know you have concerns, and the potential for a former intern expression concern at the care given at a vet clinic to a sick, elderly foster patient by staff is really bad for business. Put that bug in their ear if you can.