How Do I Know When My Cat Is Going To Give Birth

steph1331

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If she isn't interested in the box you choose as her nest box that is okay ^^ sometimes mom cats will ignore nesting places until they are in active labor then they will settle. If you can I'd suggest setting up a few places for her to nest. Any place she can hide or there is a closet are all places she might choose to have her baby so look for those places, and prepare. Put a blanket or towel down (something you don't mind getting dirty/bloody) unless you don't want her in those places, then block them off if you can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

serenity_is_the_best

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If she isn't interested in the box you choose as her nest box that is okay ^^ sometimes mom cats will ignore nesting places until they are in active labor then they will settle. If you can I'd suggest setting up a few places for her to nest. Any place she can hide or there is a closet are all places she might choose to have her baby so look for those places, and prepare. Put a blanket or towel down (something you don't mind getting dirty/bloody) unless you don't want her in those places, then block them off if you can.
i have tried to block off the closet but she keeps getting back in there and my mom dont want her in ther

serenity_is_the_best

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
so my cat is pregnant and i want to know and i have more questions butt her is my firs one so what does it mean if the hair around my cats nipples are gone

ANSWER ASAP

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may be close to giving birth soon. Can you post a picture of her?

Do you know when she mated?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you know when, though? Didn’t you say your cats are outdoors?

Did you call to make arrangements for neutering your male?

serenity_is_the_best

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ya i neutered him and we brot her in December and she was not pregnant and when we got this boy and he was outside too.and then she whent in to heat and now she is pregnant
WIN_20180225_024058.JPG

serenity_is_the_best

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
so yesterday we left to go get food and we can back and are cat had her babies and when can we touch them and how do we now if it is a girl or boy and how long do we keep then for and one cat is fatter than the other and there is 2

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Keep mom and kittens inside only. Make sure both kittens are nursing well.

Handle the kittens only if necessary the first 3-4 weeks, like to change the bedding. Mom will be very protective, and they need her to help them stay warm the first 3 weeks.

Kittens should stay with their mom for 12-16 weeks. Do you plan to spay your cat after they wean?

It’s easier to tell the gender of the kittens when they get a little bigger.

Kitten Development Stages - Illustrated Guide

serenity_is_the_best

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
no mom is not protect

Handle the kittens only if necessary the first 3-4 weeks, like to change the bedding. Mom will be very protective, and they need her to help them stay warm the first 3 weeks.

Kittens should stay with their mom for 12-16 weeks. Do you plan to spay your cat after they wean?

Kitten Development Stages - Illustrated Guide[/QUOTE no mom is not protective of her babies and one is smaller then the other and no we are not spaying her

serenity_is_the_best

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
no mom is not protective of her babies and one is smaller then the other and we are not spraying her

Kitten Development Stages - Illustrated Guide

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why have you decided not to spay? We sent you a low cost spay and neuter clinic because you were interested.